Rex's Media plugin bug. rear camera pic turns black.

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
4 Pics 1 Word is a template for creating the popular game
  • Problem Description

Rex media plugin has bug that turns captured rear camera images to black. The reason is plugin allows image file less that 2.5 mb only. if image file is bigger it turns it into black. This issue doesnt happen when construct 2 inbuilt user media plugin is used for camera.

Attach a Capx

can be tried with rex plugin sample capx

Description of Capx

open rex media input plugin sample capx and try to capture image from rear camera

Steps to Reproduce Bug

open camera try image capture from rear camera dont try front cam it will work fine.

Observed Result

image turns black.

Expected Result

sprite should we able to display correct image instead of black image

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

windows 10

Construct 2 Version ID

r233

• jatin1726

Please see Bug Report Requirements.

The most important part relating to your post is that NO third party plugins should be submitted - it is the responsibility of the developer to fix those, in this case, Rexxrainbow.

It is not the responsibility of Scirra to fix plugins created by other users.

• Closing as we cannot accept bug reports for third-party addons. You should report issues to the addon developer.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Guys, I understand and respect the concern raised but I think there is no feature in construct 2 to contact developer + wanted to make aware that this bug can cause issue in their project. THanks anyways guys.

• jatin1726

Send pm to me, the author of that plugin, or left message in this page.

BTW, I tested this plugin with camera only at ipad3, it worked fine in both front and rear camera. I don't have other devices to reproduce that bug.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)