RGB - Version 1.2.1

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:29 pm

[quote="Ashley":plzmwu0u]andla, what happens when you try to run it?[/quote:plzmwu0u]

An unhandled win32 exception occurred in Temp.exe [1616]

Construct version 0.89

The original rgb.exe that come with the .rar file runs fine.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:44 pm

[quote="Drasa":12w6zmkz]Very cool game and fresh idea :D! But I couldn't pass the first level either. It's maybe little too hard :D. Some suggestions to improve the game:

1) Sometimes when the spheres looked like they were in chain, the explosions didn't spread. Maybe they could do that little more easily?

2) The game was especially hard when there's only few spheres left; it's impossible to form chains when the spheres are only in one row. Maybe player could pass the level, if the highness of the heap is under a certain threshold?

3) Maybe some more intensity: the ball heap could continuously grow or be pushed up from the bottom of the screen, and player would have eliminate the heap quickly. So instead of limited shots there would be time limit? Or both would be limited, but then there should be seriously more shots or some method to gain them.[/quote:12w6zmkz]

Really nice ideas. I'll see with what I come up.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:51 pm

If I remove the spawner object and the warp effect in the spawnzone then I can run the game.

BTW the game is nice. Thanks SuperV :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:15 pm

For next release you will have :

*Nifty particles
*Possibility to exchange 400 score for a shoot
*Falling boxes from the sky

--- I need more ideas! Keep em coming!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:17 pm

Just an idea to make the rendering a little neater: the circles have coloured square corners which is helpful to remind you which colours you need to destroy them. But the corners overlap other circles: if you used two sprites (a square one and a circle one) placed on top of each other, you could layer the squares beneath all circles. Then you won't get corners overlapping circles. But it's pretty minor :P
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:20 pm

[quote="Ashley":3p78g9nu]Just an idea to make the rendering a little neater: the circles have coloured square corners which is helpful to remind you which colours you need to destroy them. But the corners overlap other circles: if you used two sprites (a square one and a circle one) placed on top of each other, you could layer the squares beneath all circles. Then you won't get corners overlapping circles. But it's pretty minor :P[/quote:3p78g9nu]

I added those mainly for the reason that sometimes collisions failed when two circles falled straight one of each other without causing explosions... Hmm... I'll see what I can do.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:29 pm

If I remove the corners the collisions between balls that should explode fail. This is a physics collision mask bug. It's up to you, Ashley.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:24 pm

This game is brilliant!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:41 pm

You could put the circles and boxes in a container and test collisions with the boxes. Any objects in a container are picked at the same time in the event sheet editor.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:08 pm

[quote="Ashley":1tw9n785]You could put the circles and boxes in a container and test collisions with the boxes. Any objects in a container are picked at the same time in the event sheet editor.[/quote:1tw9n785]

What if I create new istances? How do I make them in a container if they're two new istances?

Also I added a heavy metal box that is useful for mixing the balls thanks to his weight.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations