Rights to sell

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:45 pm

lilvee1989 wrote:Since you know C++ what makes u use c2 instead of unreal or Unity

The simplicity ;)
I worked with Object Pascal, PHP, C++, C#, Perl and Basic (Q and Visual).

All have their pros and cons. My main reason to work with C2 at the moment is that it is much cheaper than Unity and Unreal Engine and it is easier to use :)

With an own family, you don't have that much time anymore to spend on complex code. The Event Sheet makes it really simple to set up complex stuff.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Ubivis wrote:
The simplicity ;)
With an own family, you don't have that much time anymore to spend on complex code. The Event Sheet makes it really simple to set up complex stuff.

I totally agree. It took me a few hours to drill into my head that objects in families were automatically picked when they meet the over condition being posed to the family. I was initially like, "Okay, so for each entity I need to detect which was hit by a bullet, so I need some form of identifier, or to set a variable on bullet collision to target that object, then pull the object data and work out damage calculation...' I was happy to find I don't need to make deeper conditionals, :D.
Founder of Jadelight Studio, Developer of Libertas Aedifex, regular C2 Help contributor and fan of ambient music and Star Wars.
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:59 pm

Hey Ubivis You didnt Mention Gm Studio And its Free Version Does that Mean that Game Engine Suck or Some LOl . I just Hear Alot That Its Drag N drop Just like Construct
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:32 pm

It really isn't... I do have Game Maker Pro but don't really like it.
You need to script too much in there to have a good result. And when I need to code myself, I do like to do it myself entirely.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:23 pm

So it Seems you been having most of your Luck in construct 2
B
S

Previous

Return to Distribution and Publishing