Road to 1.0 - what's to be done

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:22 pm

[quote="Yarfapet":3fp1jvkk]One thing I'd love to see fixed are the issues with full-screen programs, and how the Construct locks up for 30 sec. to 5 min. after viewing something full screen[/quote:3fp1jvkk]

Direct X lost device. It dumps all the textures I believe. I also believe it can't be fixed. It's not a bug in Construct, rather a problem with Direct X.

And Newt, I just tried to recreate your bug. It didn't crash or anything. Worked fine. :?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:36 am

[quote="Davioware":3t6vcmr8][quote="Yarfapet":3t6vcmr8]One thing I'd love to see fixed are the issues with full-screen programs, and how the Construct locks up for 30 sec. to 5 min. after viewing something full screen[/quote:3t6vcmr8]

Direct X lost device. It dumps all the textures I believe. I also believe it can't be fixed. It's not a bug in Construct, rather a problem with Direct X.

And Newt, I just tried to recreate your bug. It didn't crash or anything. Worked fine. :?[/quote:3t6vcmr8]

You were saying earlier that certain things should be labled "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK". Do you think full-screen functionality should be one of them? A message like:

"Due to a current issues with Direct X 9, full screen programs may cause temporary freezing in Construct editor. Using windowed mode for all testing purposes is highly recommended."
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:21 am

I would focus on the editor itself. It is the tool allowing access to Construct's functionality, so it should work hassle-free.
That involves everything, from the picture editor to the project tab (e.g. remove Sounds, Music, Fonts and Menues, they have no functionality and are just irritating first time users; renamed sheets appear with their previous names under layout, etc.), animator tab and especially the wizard with its inconsistencies, wrong labels, wrong descriptions, etc. All of them on the tracker.

And in general, I would rather like to see everything removed, that doesn't work and can't be fixed, than letting it in and confusing users.

Another example is the script editor: why having icons for loading and saving when they have no functionality?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:18 am

I need to agree with two people here: Aritz and Davioware (on point 2), so basically:
1. Sometimes it only moves groups but leaves the content out of them.
2. Some clicks on the event sheet seem to select things someone would not want to select.

Also (I don't know if this is considered a "Bug"? If not, then sorry) it would be extremely helpful if one could put Layouts from one Cap into a another one. As far as I know this is at the moment only doable with the events.

People working on huge projects would find this really helpfull because there isn't the need to have the .cap of the whole Game open, instead a .cap of one particular section wich could increase the speed of editing. (Opening my 75mb .cap takes a while and previewing a Layout aswell).

Again, if this would actually be a feature and is not a bug at all, sorry.
B
G

Post » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:27 am

[quote:3cncnq58]And Newt, I just tried to recreate your bug. It didn't crash or anything. Worked fine.[/quote:3cncnq58]

Perhaps I should have been more specific.
Left click on the the object in the object bar, and right click on Default in the animator.
...Clicking on angle seems to work fine most of the time.
However if you then left click... kabloowie.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:14 pm

A feature to create proper isometric style games would be nice.Oh and some fixes with a bug i encountered with xaudio2,Some Of my mp3 files refuses to play if i restart a game.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:27 pm

That bug with groups wherein you try to select one thing and everything in the group is selected no matter how hard you try to select that single event, and the only way around it is to close the group and reopen, or when you double click on the event the group closes and needs to be reopened, its the cause of that copy/paste bug davio's talking about, since you unintentionally select everything.

It needs to be fixed!

I second physics general crappybuggyness being fixed as-well.

if i recall the world has a boundary limit/size, this should of been based on where your scrolled rather than just the distance from the origin, so that you can never be out of the boundary if an objects within visual range (near scrollx scrolly), but it still exists for far off objects from the current screen position, this would be the best fix since im pretty sure you cant remove the boundary completely, and the only way around it right now is a custom scrolling system which is just ridiculous.

also springs and even hinges i think just freak out if the things attached are too small, its extremely annoying.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:03 pm

[quote="newt":37orh3f2][quote:37orh3f2]And Newt, I just tried to recreate your bug. It didn't crash or anything. Worked fine.[/quote:37orh3f2]

Left click on the the object in the object bar, and right click on Default in the animator.
However if you then left click... kabloowie.[/quote:37orh3f2]

It's not crashing here
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:19 pm

If this gets fixed:

[quote="konjak":zqt9ae9y]Families just don't work. I have a hard time pinpointing what it is, but I'm sure Construct starts confusing what variables to reference. Could be because a member of the family has its own variables, or something to do with reading of events, but it renders Families useless to me!

Sorry I can't be more specific. Families work without any issue if I just use them without variables, or perhaps if the members only have the Family variables.[/quote:zqt9ae9y]

And this:

[quote="QuaziGNRLnose":zqt9ae9y]That bug with groups wherein you try to select one thing and everything in the group is selected no matter how hard you try to select that single event, and the only way around it is to close the group and reopen, or when you double click on the event the group closes and needs to be reopened, its the cause of that copy/paste bug davio's talking about, since you unintentionally select everything.
[/quote:zqt9ae9y]

I would be one happy camper :D
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:57 pm

[quote="Citnarf":1dba7s81][quote="newt":1dba7s81][quote:1dba7s81]And Newt, I just tried to recreate your bug. It didn't crash or anything. Worked fine.[/quote:1dba7s81]

However if you then left click... kabloowie.[/quote:1dba7s81]

It's not crashing here[/quote:1dba7s81]

Guess I'm going crazy, but in case I'm not here's a cap.
[url:1dba7s81]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/666516/copyanimatorbug.cap[/url:1dba7s81]
Image Image
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion