Road to 1.0 - what's to be done

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:39 pm

[quote="Attan":1twx5ki5][quote="CrudeMik":1twx5ki5]Saving needs to be sorted out, when using system save to file and load file to save and load game states, on load copies of objects such as lights end up in completely different positions to where they should be.[/quote:1twx5ki5]

It also freezes the platform movement in my game (not reproduced in a clean .cap though). It's the first time now when I've come to the point in a game where i need to be able to save, but to encourage people to finnish games without too much trouble this feature should work flawlessly.[/quote:1twx5ki5]

Agreed but I don't know if I just am too inexperienced to know about saving in Construct, I can't find any tutorials about how to properly set up your game for saving, I would love a tutorial where you had 3 save slots at the start which loaded states saved from a complex environment. It works well when build it with a few basic sprites but when I try to apply the same method to my project it messes everything up.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:34 pm

If no one's said it yet, I thinking getting Construct to work with general PC controllers, not just the 360 control type, is a must. If you want this to go bigger and more public with a solid release, people are going to be expecting being able to use their generic PC controllers.

If I'm not mistaken, there's two control types, right? XBox 360 has its own type, so it's good that got out of the way, and then there's a universal type for all the rest? 360, and PC? I can't remember what the non-360 control type is called though...

But seriously, if anything, getting Construct to work with general PC controllers should be a top priority for 1.0.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:09 pm

[quote="Kisai":dpcajlyy]If no one's said it yet, I thinking getting Construct to work with general PC controllers, not just the 360 control type, is a must. If you want this to go bigger and more public with a solid release, people are going to be expecting being able to use their generic PC controllers.

If I'm not mistaken, there's two control types, right? XBox 360 has its own type, so it's good that got out of the way, and then there's a universal type for all the rest? 360, and PC? I can't remember what the non-360 control type is called though...

But seriously, if anything, getting Construct to work with general PC controllers should be a top priority for 1.0.[/quote:dpcajlyy]

Would this work? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7511
B
G

Post » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:45 pm

Slooow it down now. Top priority? Really? Then why has no one else asked for it?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:54 pm

A lot of people have asked for it. It just gets shot down everytime so I think they quit after a while XD

But anyway. Yes, I imagine the new input plugin is more than enough for universal gamepad support and configuration. Haven't tried it myself yet, but judging by the examples it's very promising.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:11 pm

I can also vouch for wanting support for many control inputs. There are so many computers that vary how many keys can be pressed at once on a keyboard so that just pressing left arrow and two buttons won't work. So only having the alternative of Xbox controller is kind of disappointing.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:03 pm

Can you please fix add/remove attribute? It's an extremely useful feature that hasn't worked for a long time.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:51 am

The player spends the whole time using input devices (and staring at glass), so it'll be great when all that gets sorted.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:57 pm

I don't understand why anybody would shoot down supporting gamepads in a game engine. To be honest, I don't know why any game released wouldn't support gamepads. I agree wholeheartedly that making sure gamepad support is flawless and thorough should be a top priority.

That said, perhaps more gamepad-related conditions? Obviously the engine has analog support for the joysticks on the 360 controller, so maybe the ability to track it? To give an example of where this would be useful, suppose you want to have two speeds for a character. Joystick 50% - 100% = high speed, 0% - 50% low speed. Etc. Most controllers have analog support so being able to track this data is potentially useful, because at the same time most players don't need an infinite variety of speeds.
B
G

Post » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:27 am

[quote="gmerriment":1tuc5kds]I don't understand why anybody would shoot down supporting gamepads in a game engine. To be honest, I don't know why any game released wouldn't support gamepads. I agree wholeheartedly that making sure gamepad support is flawless and thorough should be a top priority.[/quote:1tuc5kds]
This.
And this:
[url:1tuc5kds]http://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7511[/url:1tuc5kds]

So yeah, it's solved now. Yes it should be built-in, but hey, it works now so it's good.
( and I had asked, several times on several threads )
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion