Post » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:59 pm

@robotecollective

Thank you so much!
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Your game is looking pretty stellar! There's a few game on these forums that are shaping up quite well, and this is one I'll definitely keep an eye on. :)
Be sure to check out my Metroidvania game, A Hole in the Earth
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:07 pm

Very Cool Game!!
Last edited by luisgmolina on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:08 pm

What software did you use to make these videos in .gif???
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:03 am

ryanrybot wrote:Your game is looking pretty stellar! There's a few game on these forums that are shaping up quite well, and this is one I'll definitely keep an eye on. :)

Thanks a lot!!

luisgmolina wrote:What software did you use to make these videos in .gif???

OMG it's a process... lol : http://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comment ... _saturday/

1. Use Fraps to record
2. Import to VirtualDub, remove every 3rd to 4th frame to keep file size down, and export as animated gif.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:15 pm

I thought I would share a bit of the process. I have been going through my notes on my game, and it dawned on me how intensive the amount of thought, planning, and creating that goes into game development is. It's like no other process I have encountered. Here's a shot of the past 2 weeks of notes, ideas, and to-do lists. :shock:

omg.png

Some shots of early sketched ideas.
crawlerdraw.png

walkerdraw.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Update 2-22-15

The screen below may not mean much, but it's a slight turn in a new direction. Currently the player has a set number of lives, along with the collection of extra lives via placements on the map. As it stands, it's pretty simple, and straightforward. To give the game a bit more ummf.. I have expanded on the theme of "brains" through out the game. Considering you and your foes are advanced cybernetic AI robots with human brains, and the story is based on the use of human brains... I added brain drops on the enemies.

saved-brains.png

Kill an enemy, enemy drops a brain - player collects.

If you die, brains are emitted (similar to sonic's rings) and the game is over. If you beat a level, without dying of course, you advance further in the game adding to the "Saved Brains" total from the collected brains from each level. The fun part is that after collecting X number of brains, you will be able to buy extra lives to overcome perma-death. In contrast if you don't purchase lives with the brains you have collected and continue to advance, you can loose ALL of your save brains and die. I still have a bit of testing to do, to see if this method works well as the game increases in difficulty.

emitBs.gif

Update - EDIT

Yay! Testing successful! Extra lives based on brain collection. In this case you need 50 brains to get extra life. (which has been rewarded previously on last scoring round)

saved-brains-working.png

Brains collected = brains collected at level completion

Brains Saved = Total brains left before extra life reward
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:11 pm

2/28/15

Re-working the hud and user interface in the game. I needed a clean and cool way to present quite a bit of info with out just throwing a bunch of info along the top.

r505_ui.png

I still need to work the colors, but I got everything working and functioning.

More to come!
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:32 am

Still looking good Face, keep it up.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:43 pm

GenkiGenga wrote:Still looking good Face, keep it up.

Thanks a bunch!!

3/1/15

Another HUD update

UI_mock_2.png

Got rid of outlines, and darkened the HUD overlays to make the info pop a bit more.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests