Feels like it's been ages... Been super busy with client needs, but I managed, with some help from the ever so helpful Scirra community, to bring some life to my boss for Robot 505 recently. This boss currently named “The Maker” is a giant robot head attached to the surrounding AI factory with hoses. (that will hopefully pump brains) and spawn walkers.
Boss "The Maker" Concept
screen of "The Maker" development progress - Hoses Work Changes & Additions:
- Level and Progression : 1-3 levels + 1 boss level = round (previously 1-5 and a 6th level boss took too long and got boring fast)
- 25 brains = extra life (was 50) Will likely change as difficulty increases.
- Weapon Upgrades are awarded randomly on levels along with completion of 3 levels.
- More loot drops (weapons, power ups, etc)
- Loot pick up identification. - (tells you what you picked up)
- Weapon upgrades are more apparent - colored shots hlep to signal to player the level of upgrade applied to selected gun.
- ALL Weapon upgrades implemented (still have some weapons in the works)
- Added Music (yay!)
- All items collect properly (was a bug where some items would not collect)
All in all everything is working really well. Core mechanics are super solid at this point and everything is working as I intended.
Stay tuned - Will be posting progress of “The Maker” boss as I work on it.