robot chain gun double rig

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Plant a bomb and Destroy as Many Zombies as Possible
  • I used a torso sprite with bone behavior and a hip sprite with bone behavior to make it easier to control separate animations. Also had fun with the vulcan and shell physics. Sound effect .ogg files included in the zipped download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4e7756559772acd2d956df2962098fcb4dac8e31abb47b805be6ba49b5870170

If anyone has ideas how to keep the robot's other hand on the barrel when the barrel follows the pipper, I'm open to suggestions!

Now, for some enemies...(after another time through platform school #7)..

• Sorry, my old pc just coughs, sputters, and spits out an error message.

• Sorry, my old pc just coughs, sputters, and spits out an error message.

You have to extract it first.

• Here's the cap with the xaudio2 actions commented out. The runtime will crash sometimes if the sound files aren't available. Also looks like I forgot to save changes before updloading to mediafire earlier - sorry.

• You have to extract it first.

I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid.

• >

>

> You have to extract it first.

>

I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid.

I tried to play it from the .rar first, and it crashed.

Then I extracted everything into a folder and it worked fine.

Also I never said you wre stupid.

• Chill out. It was a bug in XAudio2, it crashed playing an OGG file that doesn't exist. It's fixed now.

• yeah ive been working on a platformer and ive found that having seperate bone movements makes it alot easier.

• Hmm, sorry here too, I knew I shouda put that smiley down.

Any way, its still no go for me. It just comes up with the same error.

• Sorry, newt - maybe it's all the behaviors I'm using. Anyway it'll be more interesting after I make some more stuff to blow up I'll try posting a cleaned up version then.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is a very cool demo.

Thanks!

• If anyone has ideas how to keep the robot's other hand on the barrel when the barrel follows the pipper, I'm open to suggestions!

My suggestion: Don't make the other arm part of the bones animation. Instead, fix the hand to an image point on the gun, have the forearm set it's angle to match the front forearm, attach the upper arm to an image point on the elbow, and point the upper arm towards an image point on the shoulder.

Since they're always behind the player, and covered by the gun and the body for the most part, you won't be able to really see if the parts don't line up perfectly.

Bonus points: Draw the fingers holding the gun barrel directly on the gun sprite itself.

Also, I'm wondering why the robot needs to lift his gun up anyway...? That might be handy if it didn't have mouse aim (and could only shoot left/right) and needed to lift the gun to shoot over obstacles while crouching or something, but since there is mouse aim it's not all that necessary and just looks a little awkward.

• [quote:1mtzxiqe]point the upper arm towards an image point on the shoulder.

That's the ticket! Thanks!

[quote:1mtzxiqe]Draw the fingers holding the gun barrel directly on the gun sprite itself

ahaa....(insert satori emoticon here)..

[quote:1mtzxiqe]wondering why the robot needs to lift his gun up anyway...?

Just fooling around with separate animation for upper and lower bone animations

I'm actually going to change the control scheme so the robot will face the same direction while moving with keys and change directions to face the mouse/pipper - to make it easier to blow stuff up. Because it's all about blowing stuff up.

Thanks for the feedback!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)