Robotron

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:36 am

[quote="faggatron":1m86605c]
how should I make it easier, other than lowering the amount of enemies? Like, should I slow them down, make their bullets not travel as far etc...[/quote:1m86605c]

Those are both good ideas. Any way you can gradually ramp the difficulty up is good.

I also seem to recall that the original Robotron had walls in a few of the levels. Not like a full-on Pac Man maze, but just a couple strategically placed ones.

Fake edit:
Nope, I was wrong. I was thinking of Berzerk. Which is kinda like Robotron with walls.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:51 pm

heh do the brains (homing missile jellyfish???) kill you loads on level 5 or something :P

I was going to add walls at some point, maybe in another zone, I have some pretty outrageous ideas for other zones later on.

Yeah I think the being surrounded at the start needs a little addressing, I think I'm gonna try to lower the amount of enemies and make it harder in other ways, giving you more room to move.

Also, I may end up not making this the first zone, and adding an easier one before it, so by this time you may already be used to the game.

Which powerups do you think need to last longer, just all of them in general? I really don't want to make powerups TOO powerful, they're pretty powerful already, I guess I'll see if this is necessary after I change the way powerups drop.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:24 pm

Goddamn that's hard, but really quite addictive. I'm crap at the Smash TV style controls though, always was. I never played the original, but I played Llamatron which was pretty much the same, but with llamas.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:58 pm

Remember, you gotta get the green things, they give you loads of points, and points = lives = get further.

I have also played llamatron in reasearch of this game :) I'm gonna have a llama zone definately which will have similar enemies and etc to llamatron 8) the only thing I don't like about it though is the autofire controls that just fire in your last direction, rather than having the other control aswell.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Your Creations