Rock Band... stupid game

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:42 am

[size=200:29sz1mox]STUPIDLY FUN!*[/size:29sz1mox]

Yeah I thought "This is gonna be GAAAAAAAAY" and then I played it... and didn't stop until 4AM. I am a sick drummer... apparently. I never touched anything like this before and managed to finish every song (on easy mode mind you) with an average of about 92-95%.

Nobody else could drum as good as me except one of my friends, but he prefers the guitar or singing... so I got to be drummer the whole time. I suck at singing rock/pop music, and the guitar kinda scares me... mainly due to the fact it was a "rule" that the guitarist had to wear this hideous mullet wig while playing.

Anyone else played this? Shits fun as hell!

May post pictures later... I KNOW people were taking them.

~Sol

[size=50:29sz1mox]*Conditions apply - Must be at crazy party with much alcohol, much drunk peoples, and much live adult entertainment. Playing Rock Band with a stipper on your lap is NOT recommended... she gets in the way of the drums![/size:29sz1mox]
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:28 am

Yeah, fun game, I can see why some people would call it dumb, or actual musicians would look down on it, but it's just a game, that's all.

I bought it a few weeks ago cos the price had pretty much halved by then, I always wanted it but I thought it was way too expensive before.

Me and my girlfriend are working through it, she prefers the drums so I usually do guitar, but I find the songs way too easy compared to the Guitar Hero games. When I drum it's a different matter, it's bloody hard! Fun though, and the free bits where you can hammer the crap out of them, I enjoy those a lot. I've only attempted singing a couple of times but managed to surprise myself and do pretty well, even though I sing like a seal being punched in the throat.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:47 am

Eh, rhythm games. My girlfriend really wanted Guitar Hero, and when she finally got it I tried it out. She seemed to like it well enough, but I just couldn't get into it even though the music was good. Though I can see how Rock Band might be more fun if you had a bunch of drunk people playing.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:01 am

[quote="deadeye":1zqu1aj7]Eh, rhythm games.[/quote:1zqu1aj7]
Pretty much my argument since the first guitar hero came out...

[quote="deadeye":1zqu1aj7]Though I can see how Rock Band might be more fun if you had a bunch of drunk people playing.[/quote:1zqu1aj7]
This. All of it.

BEST. GAME. EVER. WHEN DRUNK WITH FRIENDS!
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:17 pm

Heh yeah i've played this. its good fun.

As a musician i don't think its quite as bad as people make it out to be. If you play the guitar on medium/hard its pretty good excersise for your left hand (for shredding or general co-ordination).
The drums are very cool as well, i expect the hard settings are more like actual drum beats - and you can plug the drums into your PC to act as a MIDI controller! So you can program drum beats in MIDI using the funny little kit!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:39 pm

[quote="alee":3mmiias3]- and you can plug the drums into your PC to act as a MIDI controller! So you can program drum beats in MIDI using the funny little kit![/quote:3mmiias3]

This I did not know. That's awesome! :D

~Sol
B
S
G

Return to Open Topic