Roguelike plugin - C2 rot.js interface

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:53 pm

Actually this is just my inexperience with Construct, I've gotten the pathfinding plugin to do what I want now! I guess the roguelike's pathfinding is more useful for setting up locked doors and exits/entrances. Lots of good stuff here, thanks so much :)
B
S

Post » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:54 am

@UnusualCadence Thanks! Glad you like the plugin and find it useful. In what concerns your questions, actually, there is an option build in the library, as explained by this excerpt from lib docs:

Fourth constructor [of the pathfinding object] option is a configuration object; so far, only one key is supported: topology (values 4/6/8, default 8). A topology of 4 allows only orthagonal movement, 8 allows diagonal movement and 6 supports hexagonal grids.

I wanted to implement the bare essentials for the roguelike creation first, since I like roguelikes very much. You can expect this feature implemented in about a week :) (I'm very busy now righting my PhD thesis).

P.s. A hex topology is supported by the lib, but it demands a whole new plugin layer :) Maybe at some point in the future...
B
S

Post » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:06 pm

Been playing with rot.js in Phaser a lot, nice to see it ported to C2, nice work!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:44 pm

After this https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/999/ra ... node-based was really getting a pain in the a* for a beginner (or "me" :D) in C2, this plugin features a whole lot of what I needed... gonna think about putting my old .capx into my archive and taking this plugin...

@Lunarovich, you are a hero! Thanks for this awesome work! Good luck on your PhD thesis - and keep us up to date (please) ;D

Regards,
Proxymity
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:04 pm

@Proxymity, thanks man! Glad I can help :)

If you find any bugs or have any comments or request, please, do not hesitate to write here.
B
S

Post » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:25 pm

Any way to make the corridors a bit bigger or spawn objects in them?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:51 am

This plugin looks very promising. If I ever get into making my own roguelike (too busy playing them for now), I'll use it for sure!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:08 pm

This is awesome, but I miss some kind of control over the corridor width.I'm, working on a Dungeon crawler, but I have a lot of Auto-tiling and the corridor width is my main concern.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Thanks everyone :)

As far as I can tell, there is no corridor width control in Rot.js. I'm missing terribly this feature also :( I shall write to Ondrej, a Rot.js author, to see if there is one that somehow I did not see, and if not, if he is planning to add this feature... ('Cause Roguelike plugin is basically an interface to an excellent Rot.js library...)

Stay tuned and file bug reports, if any :)
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:56 pm

This is probably going to make me sound dumb, but how do I install this plugin? I've tried copying the zip file into both the plugins and behaviours, and also tried extracting the zip file into both of those folders, but when I try to open the roguelike.capx file it keeps telling me the plugin isn't installed. :P
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons