Rolling rock, psuedo physics

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple yet very life-like rag doll made with Physics!
  • Hello All,

I was wondering if there's a way to make a realistic rolling rock, that acts as if it has physics but really does not?

I'd like to make a rock roll forwards on a flat solid platform, and have found I can achieve this with the bullet behaviour. However, some of my platforms are inclined and I would like the rock to roll both forwards and down, following the layout of my platforms and simulating physics behaviour.

I've decided not to use physics objects for this, as the project is for mobile devices, and I may have many rolling objects. All of the information I can find suggests that physics behaviour is very CPU intensive and so should probably be avoided on mobile devices.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

• You could set an invisible Sprite at the start of the incline, and when the boulder "collides" with it, change the angle of movement on the boulder to that of the incline.

• You should be able to get somewhat closer using damping, etc... but not sure if you will be able to easily get the same realistic rolling reactivity that you would with physics...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the advice grimwolf, I'll take a look into your suggestions.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)