Rotate Behavior

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:15 am

Missing condition

I setup a Rotate behavior for an object
Unfortunately there is no option to add a condition to an event like "compare speed" or "compare acceleration" to that object

Windows XP - Service Pack 3
Construct 2 Release 158.2 (32-bit)
B

Post » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:56 am

It is, but you can do it in anthoer way. There're an expression about it.

Object.Rotate.Speed

Now you can use 'Compare two values' conditions with this expression. There're many expressions with each behavior so take a look at the manual.
And... this is not a bug. You should be more careful before writing on the 'Bugs' section.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:51 pm

Closing, this is a feature request not a bug.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Hello Shaircast,

The necessity of this condition is so obvious that I cannot understand why it is not there. Especially so since that would fit into the way that Construct 2 was meant to be used. It is in these moments that I remember the propaganda: "It allows anyone to build games — no coding required!"

In any case, Construct 2 is an incredible program, an intelligent way to make complex things in less time than it would take otherwise.

I do not like to wait so I found another way to solve my problem. In my language we call it "gambiarra". I don't know the word in English for that.

Even so, you are right, it is not a bug. It does feel like a missing feature. Im sorry for that, I will be more careful the next time.

Thank you very much for your help.

ps. Sorry if I use the wrong words. Actually, I do not speak English.
B

Return to Closed bugs