Rotate hand with a gun toward an angle (control)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Experience the true heartbeat of combat with "Combat Hits - Hand To Hand Fighting SFX."
  • Hello, Guys

I want to control a hand's sprite with W (up toward 90 degrees) and S (down toward -90 degrees). I got a difficulty with

2 aspects.

1) When the sprite is turned left his hand is not mirrored correctly.

2) When the sprite is turned left , W and S control is now working upwards.

Here are my events

• First of, the else condition for the S control seems unnecessary.

Both problems can be fixed with the flipped action. Only use this action on your gun sprite, otherwise your player will flip upside down too.

Hope it helped! Goodluck!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Unfortunately, it did not work.

• You'll still need the mirror action on your gun aswell. So like this:

Event:

On Right arrow pressed

Action:

player Set Not mirrored

gun Set Not mirrored

gun Set Not flipped

Event:

On Left arrow pressed

Action:

player Set mirrored

gun Set mirrored

gun Set flipped

I think it should work like that

• This is what I got..

• I am guessing that I should work more with events 30-32 to make it work.

• It's all a guessing game from here, why don't you share the capx?

• It's all a guessing game from here, why don't you share the capx?

Sure, here you go

Ups.. I do not have enough rep to post urls here...

• heliogame

Dude, there it is.

Enjoy !

Demo

Capx

• heliogame

Dude, there it is.

Enjoy !

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

Almost done! How would you solve the issue when you raise the arm (W) up to the limits and then when you move it down (S) , it is moving on the other side of the player?

But thanks again, c2 is not so easy as i thought.

• [quote:1dhamwxz] How would you solve the issue when you raise the arm (W) up to the limits and then when you move it down (S) , it is moving on the other side of the player?

Yup, it happened because, the limit point are too much (more than 360 degrees)

I fixed it by offset the limit point for both top and bottom, by plus 5px from the X origin point of the Dude.

I have updated the Capx file and the Demo so, check it out.

• [quote:1vqcfjub] How would you solve the issue when you raise the arm (W) up to the limits and then when you move it down (S) , it is moving on the other side of the player?

Yup, it happened because, the limit point are too much (more than 360 degrees)

I fixed it by offset the limit point for both top and bottom, by plus 5px from the X origin point of the Dude.

I have updated the so, check it out.

You are genius, Sir! Solved!.

• [quote:17g97r4x]You are genius, Sir! Solved!.

heliogame Your welcome, there's a bug if we are shooting at the top limit angle.

From all of this I think you will get the idea of how to apply it and fine tune those number to fit your game.

But if you still need help just tag me.

• [quote:2gifubnp]You are genius, Sir! Solved!.

heliogame Your welcome, there's a bug if we are shooting at the top limit angle.

From all of this I think you will get the idea of how to apply it and fine tune those number to fit your game.

But if you still need help just tag me.

newlee, sorry to bother you again, I got 2 problems that i really cannot resolve.

1. I cannot fix the bug when we are shooting to the right side of the player (a,d) at the top limit angle or at bottom limit angle. The gun cannot set at the real top limit or real bottom limit.

2. Oh, I am stuck again with this shooting left , the bullet shoots always right. I know how deal with it when I know an actual angle of the gun, but this is not the case of the fixed angle.

I attached the sample capx of my problem .

• Shooting left illustration

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)