Run Layout loading wrong Layout

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun May 11, 2014 11:50 pm

This has happened twice to me. The first time I went to an older version of my project that didn't seem to be having this problem, I figured it was because I moved some of my files and it got messed up. But C2 seems to be intent on loading a specific layout that is not the one I've chosen to be the start and I have no idea why it would be doing this. I didn't move anything or do anything weird to my knowledge, I've mostly just been adding a lot of sprites. I did also create a few different event sheets for some layouts and then included the main event sheet, but I don't know why that would matter if I've denoted a specific layout for C2 to start on. Ideas?
B

Post » Sun May 11, 2014 11:52 pm

I also make sure that I am currently on the layout I want to open just in case that gets it confused because I know there's the option to start on whichever layout you're currently on, but I wouldn't think it should matter either.
B

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 am

In preview, C2 loads (normally) the last displayed layout in the editor (I think a keyboard shortcut can force the designed first layout to be used, was it Shift + clicking the preview button?), if a layout is currently displayed, it will preview it, also sometimes C2 choose a random layout to preview if an event sheet is displayed it seems, not sure why.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?