Running C2 on OSX ?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:46 pm

i already tried xQuartz and Crossover (games) . Failed.
Any other methods?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:45 pm

You could try installing VirtualBox on OSX, you'd need a Windows license but it should work.
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
Visit me at EgoAnt.com
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:02 pm

Or VMWare 6, nice, fast and nicely embedded with the unity mode. I heard of Parallels broken with 163, don't know if still is. Have a good search around, most of the questions are already answered.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:01 pm

i got it running with WINE now but it still throws me tons of errors and the layout is not displayed correctly ..
guess ill wait for scirra to publich a stable OSX version ^^
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:39 pm

I strongly recommend the use of Wineskin on OSX: http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php
You just need to tell where the "EXE" is and it does all the hard work, and you can customize all the settings and make the app look like a real OSX application.
I have not tested with C2 yet, but someone here could create an OSX version of C2 with Wineskin.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:39 pm

I got it running with bootcamp. Works pretty fine.... but still hoping that one day far far far........far away, Scirra will have mercy and release a real OS version. :-)
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:35 pm

Yea I don't think we'll see an OSX build any time soon.

Bootcamp is good and Parallels works great for me (as of r184). For awhile I used it in XP, but I think that XP and the latest versions of C2 are finally not playing nice together. In the past ther were some audio issues, but anyway I would just not suggest XP / C2 anymore if you want to avoid any headaches..

So I run it with Windows8 via Parallels and it's great on my i7 2011 Macbook Pro

@keyo I'm trying that wineskin solution because while parallels is ok, it's still not really native and wineskin might be a little closer to Native. However I'm not sure how it works and it's especially strange because I don't know how wineskin would know to look at a "my documents" folder to find the C2 license. Any way a tutorial could be made or some post on step by step how you do it for C2? That would be awesome.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?