'S' update as of 4/12/11

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:40 am

Ignore my previous complaint about the "basic stuff causes crashes" thing, I was doing it wrong, but the tutorials still crash.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I seriously believe I've found a major bug in the latest version of S. I've been trying to pick out indexes in base Supers, such as {"Party Members", 1, "Name"}, but every time I do, Construct crashes. This doesn't happen for supers inside those supers, such as {"Party Members", "Member", 1, "Name"}. It basically results in forcing the user to be redundant with their supers, when you shouldn't need to be.

Fix, plz.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:35 pm

Hmmm. Ill take a look when I get home. In the meantime if you can get the debugger to give a message(the s debugger actions, not the regular construct debugger). I might be able to figure it out with those, and if it crashes before the debugger can figure out why, it'll almost guarantee it is an s problem and not a user error
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:06 pm

works for me cand:
[url:11o4vooy]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1013446/superindex.cap[/url:11o4vooy]
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:32 am

... What. You have to make arrays for every index of the super you want to make it actually work? That's something I wanted to avoid having to do, to be quite frank. I don't see the point of it, it's just redundant.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:58 am

if what you're asking is what I think you're asking, you may be looking for templates

when you make an array of anything you can set a default for new array values
templates are the defaults for super arrays
in the example cap I didn't use a template because I wasn't sure if you knew about them
but in this case you would say

Action : Create Template
template name "coord"
add number array to {"t","coord"} "x" with default 0
add number array to {"t","coord"} "y" with default 0

the "t" as the first part of the address tells s you're adding to a special template super and not a regular super in your whole data structure
you can use these as you can any other super, adding other supers inside if you wish, etc

now when you create a super array you can do
create super array "mycoords" with default "coord"
now each time you add a super, it will already have the "x" and "y" arrays in it
you can even fill the arrays with values in the templates if you wish, so each new super will be preloaded with preset values

it may not seem immediately evident now, but there may be cases where you don't want the second super in an array to be exactly like the first, and vice versa, templates give you the ability to decide what goes in every super, without forcing you to put the same arrays in each one

a few things of note, don't add objects into the templates, because object pointers change each time the program starts, so they would be invalid, you can add object types though. when you save and load supers to disk, you have the option to save your template data too. also, unlike arrays of anything else you can't access a super array outside of range and get the default
meaning if your array has 5 supers you cant try to access index 9, and get access to the templates
it really wouldn't make any logical sense anyway. but just so you know
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:44 am

Oh. That makes sense, actually. I'll give it a try, see how it goes.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:05 pm

hey lucid.
In your Object array actions for object position, dimension / angle super array
can add one more parameter animation names.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:04 pm

I found a bug.
for some reason when ever I save and/or load a .txt files that contain super array, that have objects and strings arrays info s plug expression don't read global or private variable.

look at this
+ System: Is global variable 'd' Equal to 1
+ System: Trigger once
+ System: For each Sprite
-> Sprite: Set 'number_animation' to global('set_animation')
-> System: Add 1 to global variable 'set_animation'
-> Sprite: Set animation to S.s({"master_animation","tiles",Sprite.Value('number_animation')})

if
({"master_animation","tiles",0}) = grass
({"master_animation","tiles",1}) = water
({"master_animation","tiles",2}) = lava
({"master_animation","tiles",3}) = grass

take this expression for example S.s({"master_animation","tiles",Sprite.Value('number_animation')})

if
sprite 1 Sprite.Value('number_animation') = 0 it should be grass
sprite 2 Sprite.Value('number_animation') = 1 it should be water
sprite 3 Sprite.Value('number_animation') = 2 it should be lava
sprite 4 Sprite.Value('number_animation') = 3 it should be grass

but S.s({"master_animation","tiles",Sprite.Value('number_animation')})
don't read Sprite.Value('number_animation') so it stay at 0 which is grass
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:59 pm

I'd like to try the plugin, are you still working on it? Should I download the alpha or wait for beta. Could you move it to the plugins section? It always takes me a while when searching for it.
ImageImage
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion