Sad people?

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sun May 08, 2011 11:41 pm

[quote="deadeye":1aie0123]I wrote that comment and I stand by every word :evil:[/quote:1aie0123]
:D :lol:
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 09, 2011 12:27 am

the you should use construct argument is kinda valid, it's a great program and i dropped MMF2 and game maker for it, because it's worlds above, spreading the word doesn't make you an elitist at all. Considering construct is free, i don't see how it could be elitist, it's not like you have to be privileged to use it, and in fact, out of all the 2d game making programs its the only fully featured free one, that doesn't try to make you credit it in anyway.

The community here is one of the best around, nobody will get angry unless you're genuinely being stubborn and a troll, all polite posts are answered politely. i don't think I've ever even seen a post go by with no replies.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 09, 2011 2:23 am

there've been a few people who posted at one time or another who did something like post "no response yet?!?!" 80 times in the first 5 minutes after their initial post, or wrote dissertations over and over about how construct should adopt nonprogramming terminology like calling variables "memory thingies" repeatedly until it became a frustration battle, and I can easily imagine one of the few unhappy check in check out users being bitter enough to say those awful things. also, I can easily imagine some of us coming off as elitist when genuinely singing the praises of construct and contrasting it with lesser software, but to someone who didn't understand how clearly superior construct was in whatever respects, it would just sound like elitist fanboyism. as a matter of fact, that last sentence sounded pretty elitist...good thing i only frequent this messageboard. also, there are a few users here who have their little troll sides, whether they do it for fun, because they're drunk, or because they are actually part-troll - and on foreign soil they may have gotten carried away. when construct 2 is released, we'll be able to get all this straightened out, because every one on every game making board will join this one.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 09, 2011 8:15 pm

[quote="lucid":3loitoij]I can easily imagine some of us coming off as elitist when genuinely singing the praises of construct and contrasting it with lesser software, but to someone who didn't understand how clearly superior construct was in whatever respects, it would just sound like elitist fanboyism. as a matter of fact, that last sentence sounded pretty elitist...[/quote:3loitoij]

The reply's back at my post have a bit of that elitism vibe i was talking about but there is no need for anyone to try and convince me that construct is a great app because if i didn't agree with that i wouldn't even be posting on this forum. I like other game making software like GM also but i do agree with a lot of what you guys have said.

All i was trying to say in my previous post is that is how most other people would see it reading that type of thing, when people post that type of fixed opinion that something is better it doesn't mean other people will agree, this is true for many things in life also. That quote sort of sums it all up though ;)
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 10, 2011 12:27 am

Ok this whole my app's better than your's is getting ridiculous.Construct Classic is good but certainly not the ultimate app out there.I could go on and on at how great games maker 8.1 is because it can blah blah......An Indie Gamer should not have to worry about what app he is using to create games.

Was there ever a Construct game that won an IGF award??.How many Finished games are there created with Construct??.We should not argue over such pity things.Rather spend more time creating and finishing games than argue over elite apps.

As they say the proof is in the pudding.So create games that showcase how good Construct really is.Demo's and Examples does not show an apps true potential.So start making complete games that shows what Construct can do.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 10, 2011 1:24 am

[quote="DravenX":3h0wwnyf]Demo's and Examples does not show an apps true potential.[/quote:3h0wwnyf]
Um, yes it does?
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 10, 2011 1:35 am

[quote:3icqcu4p]Um, yes it does?[/quote:3icqcu4p]

How did you come to that conclusion?.A demo only shows about 10% of what an app can do.Create a full game with all the bells and whistles then you can say that particular app is the best.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 10, 2011 2:13 am

This has been a bit of a problem I've noticed about the net occasionally. In the discussions about game creation tools, when construct users try to tell people construct is better it sometimes bothers people. Sometimes the users of the other programs end up feeling insulted, like we're elitist and 'bashing' on the programs they currently use and love, even when only discussing facts and refraining from insults. It too often seems to upset someone and judging from some responses on other forums, sounds like can sometimes drive people away. So let's please remain respectful of others, their communities and programs.

Perhaps if we used alternative phrasing, such as instead of "construct is better than other program because," perhaps leaving the other program out of it and using "construct is great because" would work better?
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 10, 2011 1:46 pm

[quote="DravenX":fc7y9ctl]An Indie Gamer should not have to worry about what app he is using to create games.[/quote:fc7y9ctl]
an indie developer should have to worry about what app he is using to create games. if there is a tool that is more powerful, or easier to use, or has the features he needs, it matters. even when not using a tool, you should think about what language and apis you should use, and whether to use a 3rd party engine. Maybe someone was arguing for Construct in the wrong area of a forum, or rudely, or whatever, but discussing the merits of a game creation tool is hardly irrelevant to a indie dev community. Also, personally if I was stuck on gamemaker at the moment, and somebody posted in the gamemaker forums how awesome construct was, and I checked it out, maybe even initially just to prove them wrong, I'd probably be very grateful.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 10, 2011 2:43 pm

[quote:206kgcmk]an indie developer should have to worry about what app he is using to create games.[/quote:206kgcmk]

I meant should not have to worry about being ridiculed for using a particular app sorry.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic