Saints Row 2

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:38 pm

Fuck Yeah!

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:47 pm

an ass-assin?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:04 pm

After playing through GTA IV that game looks rather sterile.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:54 am

[quote="deadeye":3kmw1h90]After playing through GTA IV that game looks rather sterile.[/quote:3kmw1h90]
On the contrary. This game kills gta 4. Graphics arent quite as nice as gta but gameplay is superior... Plus more stuff to do and way better missions. Also you can do up cars and you dont lose them if they blow up or whatever. Clothing is a cool feature too so you dress up your character.

If you liked gta 4 then chances are you will love saints row 2.

~sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:00 pm

[quote="SoldjahBoy":3h3ttak3][quote="deadeye":3h3ttak3]After playing through GTA IV that game looks rather sterile.[/quote:3h3ttak3]
On the contrary. This game kills gta 4. Graphics arent quite as nice as gta but gameplay is superior... Plus more stuff to do and way better missions. Also you can do up cars and you dont lose them if they blow up or whatever. Clothing is a cool feature too so you dress up your character.

If you liked gta 4 then chances are you will love saints row 2.

~sol[/quote:3h3ttak3]

I get angry with friends when they choose SR2 over gta 4
:(

Both games have their strong points.
But it's more like, GTA is like a Lord Of the Rings billion-dollar-production, while SR2 is like a 100-dollar Blair Witch Production. - exeggerated.

Saints Row 2 (quality of graphics, story, voice-acting, engine) is good... in its own league.
GTA 4 is in a "higher" league.

Then comes gameplay.
Ok, GTA 4 doesn't offer much. Saints Row 2 wins on replayability (especially coop missions!)

I like and play both games.
Personally I enjoy GTA 4 more, while driving around and doing nothing special (great graphics/lightning from time of day and weather that gives the city a mood).

Oh 1 last thing:
GTA 4 has ragdoll (euphoria-)engine. :)
But you can't grab or throw pedestrians :(
SR 2 has "regular" ragdoll effects :(
But you can grab and throw pedestrians :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:15 pm

i didnt like gta4 as much as san andreas, i have no idea what SR is like.

why did you post a screenshot of a leg sticking through a cab door
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:31 am

People keep saying gameplay is lacking in GTA4.

I loved every single GTA game I ever played. Haven't tried 4 yet. Looks beautiful, hope it won't dissapoint.

Saints row looks like GTA with ZANY CHARACTERS, which I kinda hate. I'd give it a try though.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:06 am

[quote="QuaziGNRLnose":38chxut0]i didnt like gta4 as much as san andreas, i have no idea what SR is like.
why did you post a screenshot of a leg sticking through a cab door[/quote:38chxut0]
Because it's funny to carry bodies in your stolen car, and sometimes, when you hit the brakes, their limps go sticking out.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:44 am

[quote="rogerty":1yv8tlcw][quote="QuaziGNRLnose":1yv8tlcw]i didnt like gta4 as much as san andreas, i have no idea what SR is like.
why did you post a screenshot of a leg sticking through a cab door[/quote:1yv8tlcw]
Because it's funny to carry bodies in your stolen car, and sometimes, when you hit the brakes, their limps go sticking out.[/quote:1yv8tlcw]

This. LOL.

And, the characters are only as "zany" as you make them. You can have a quite serious looking character, or you can make them as stupid as humanly possible.

Also, GTA 4 really did suck in comparision, apart from the graphics. I didn't dislike GTA 4, but SR2 is definately a much better game all-round. The main thing that pissed me off the most about GTA 4 was having to entertain your borther and girlfriend etc every 5 seconds... though, driving while drunk was easily the coolest and most fun thing EVER in a "GTA style game".

~Sol
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:34 am

What system is that on? It isn't PS3 or XBOX360 is it? From those screenshots the graphics look very last-gen, PS2 quality or something.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Open Topic