Same Overlay, different levels (layouts)

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:04 pm

I'm having a go at creating a Breakout clone and it's going well but is it possible to have the same Overlay over different levels without duplicating it on each level? Here's the Overlay:

Clipboard01.jpg

This could change as the game progresses so I don't really want to try to change the Overlay's on all the levels trying to line them up etc, and any small change means I need to go back and change them all again.

So is there a way to create one Overlay that can be used on many layouts?

I did a search and came up with something called Inheritance Layers but that was for CC. Is there anything similar for C2?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:16 am

Top left tool bar, give the overlay the property 'Global : Yes', that will stop it being destroyed between layouts and needs to be created only on the first layout.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:29 am

Took me a while to find Global as the panel is made of different sprites but eventually found it and it works. Thanks plinkie, your help is very much appreciated. :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:37 am

This will give you problems if you wanted to have a main menu layout or some other layout without this stuff.

I usually just create my common stuff with events.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?