Santa Smile

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Gotta say, that's a really nicely done game. Love the control system and animations. Good job! :)
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:38 pm

My best score so far is 97,000... I keep dying at that part where theres like a few jumps and you have to slow down to land on them...its like just after the part with the secret bonus :(

*Edit* Woot 108,000 ... but still haven't got to the end of the level...finally got past those incredibly mean pillars...the trick was to make sure on the first one you land to the far left and then you can make it across....but then i got fooled by the road pitt things >.< ... must...stop...playing...and...work... on... Construct....

But na, very nice and professional looking game, and the difficulty gives it a lot of replayability :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:31 pm

Thank you very much guys!
I'm very glad that you liked my game!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:52 am

Wow!!!

It's..... wow!!!!!!
beautiful AND fun. Yeah, I'd say frontpage it :D
truly the most polished game done (finished!) with Construct so far.

Edit: game is evil. Damn those pillars!

Edit2: Finished it. Loved it. The scenery "feigns" were a touch of genius. I lucked out there (or maybe I'm just awesome). Loved the ending too.

4 things, neither of them really important:
-Ending could have used a simple and calmed tune and... some rolling credits!
-At the intro screen you can press jump and ornaments and snowman head will jump! FIRST CONSTRUCT EASTER EGG CONFIRMED??? (you can also jump after you've run out of lives)
-A bit of width wobble to the tree when it hits the snow in the intro would be just perfect.
-The ATV seems to be 3D rendered. Motion-blurring the wheels would make it look awesome, also wheels could be spinning while in midair and instead of silence, have brief engine roar and *then* silence.

And now for a question! how did you handle collisions? they work perfectly!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:14 pm

[quote="Madster":2kvyfv5h]And now for a question! how did you handle collisions? they work perfectly![/quote:2kvyfv5h]

If you mean collisions with boxes, when the bike collides with the snowy block, block is being destroyed and spawns particle object with one particle. This particle has block texture and gravitation (this is why it's falling so).

I tried to use motion blur but background is very blurring because of the speed and it looks bad.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:49 am

I meant just the wheels and in the 3D design software, not in construct

doable in photoshop with some patience (controls for the radial blur suck)
kinda like this
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:10 pm

Great work on this.

Unfortunately I suck at it big time. By the time my head works out where I am in relation to the obstacle the poor guy on the quad has already crashed through it, and is hurtling head on into the next.

Still great work and very polished.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:45 pm

Really good job. I think that camera should be a little farther so the player could see more, and there's a up the hill moment with blocks which kills me every time...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:07 pm

Many people ask me how I made the character's movement up and down with the ability to jump.

Answer:

I created sprite Base with Platform movement. Then I linked it to the Santa sprite.
If we press up private variables is increasing and Santa moves upwards. The same thing for moving down.

Here are screenshots with the example of events:

B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:59 pm

can we get the cap file to this to learn from?

thanks
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations