Save the Wall - [Android Version - WIP]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Wall Pin Board is a hyper causal game developed for fun and inspired by YouTube video whose link is given in description
  • Update Jan. 24: my app is now available on Google Play. Urrah!

And now, finally, I published my first game in Google Play. Ok, it's not completed but I'm so proud.

Why don't you download and test it? Then, let me know what you think, please

Update Jan. 13

Finally there is something that you can play! I published on Scirra Arcade the first public beta of my first game.

PLAY! PLAY! PLAY! Really this is the link to the game.

It's not perfect but I'm happy for what has been done until now.

And now, a GIF with the new things of the game

Update Dec. 30

I changed drastically graphics. In this way I should be able to easily create new levels. And, I hope, the game should be more fun.

Old version (Dec. 11)

This is my first game.

It is not finished, of course. It is a demo. I worked a couple of weeks. And I spent a lot of time learning how to do the simplest things.

By the time I worked on the dynamics behind the game. I created three levels.

The first is a square. Very simple to create and set up.

The second is an arched window.

The third is a mouse.

Then I worked on the graphic interface. I created a menu and the Settings screen. The links are still not functioning.

I admit to being quite happy with the result.

• hey way to go - you've definitely invested quite a bit into this and I really think it shows! are you able to make levels pretty quickly with the engine you made? how do you win/lose?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank's mudmask

Yes, make a new level is quite fast: about twenty minutes, half an hour.

I have not decided exactly how to set the victory condition. I think that will change depending on the level. In some there will be a number of points to be reached: each bounce count as 1. In other levels I'll set a minimum time of play. In others there will be objects to hit. But I have yet to play a bit 'before deciding.

• This your first first game you are coming out with? Good job! Looks really great. Not so traditional approach on this kind of a game.

• Thank's

I hope to post a playable demo within the next week. I just have to figure out how to save on smartphone game data (points of the last game, the maximum score, the level reached, etc...). I am trying using a dictionary and the plugin "local storage".

For the moment I could not understand how to manage the music and sounds.

I know, it is not a difficult thing. But for me it's a great little victory.

• I sense a very frenetic and quickly-click game coming there. Seems really funny.

• Thank's

I hope to post a playable demo within the next week. I just have to figure out how to save on smartphone game data (points of the last game, the maximum score, the level reached, etc...). I am trying using a dictionary and the plugin "local storage".

For the moment I could not understand how to manage the music and sounds.

I know, it is not a difficult thing. But for me it's a great little victory.

Little victories win the war. Start small an eventually you master the big things You releasing all mobile platforms or just Android/iOS?

• JPatchZ

Thanks!

Thanks!

For the moment I'm testing only on Android. For me the most important thing is to learn how to make good use of Construct 2. In the future, who knows?

Today I worked on the goals of the various levels. This is my idea.But I am not sure this is the final one.

• That looks pretty good there! Keep on working I'd probably tune the blue background a bit and the boxes. They are somewhat, voiceless and without character. The idea is there. Is there replay value? Other than beating one's own high score per level?

• thanks! And thank you for your tip.

The idea is:

• each level has a specific objective
    • if the target is exceeded it passes to the next level

I have not yet figured out if I'm able to create many different levels.

By the time I found a small bug

Maybe create a single layout for all the components of the main screen is not a good idea. Or probabilemnte I missed a few conditions.

• Updating the game

I'm working on the game's graphics. I still can not be satisfied, it seems to me that something is wrong.

In addition, there are 3 new problems:

• I made only five levels of the game, but the file size is already 10 MB. Not good. I want to have at least a hundred different levels, but do not want the game weights 100 MB.
    • Create random levels is much more difficult than I thought. I think the problem is related to an intensive use of sprites to locate the touch.
    • There is no way to play using only the keyboard. It needs a mouse, or a touch screen.

For all these reasons I started to think about another method to create the various levels.

• I can tell you what is wrong with the graphics in my eyes,it seems it isn't from the gifs resolution,but if it is, my apologies.The walls look too pastel like,which would fit a cutesy game, but not a logic/focus type of game as yours (of course, there are cutesy puzzle/logic/focus type games that can benefit from the pastel like style).And when the wall crumbles it changes too drastically,it looks more like seaweed.But in general your game looks like a fun time waster that I would play on my phone

• Darkeyed

Thanks for your suggestions

Perhaps more interesting is a style darker. Something like this:

• That looks really good and it fits the season

• Hmm, I wish I was a graphic designer so I could really help you out with more than just opinions =

I feel the thing why you are not satisfied with graphics is what they are. Boxes with thick edges. Plain, one color. The last example you made would be amazing with a background other than plain black. Starry sky? Rolling snow covered hills? I guess you are looking for a visual that seems more alive.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)