Save the Wall - [Android Version - WIP]

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:49 am

Updating the game

I'm working on the game's graphics. I still can not be satisfied, it seems to me that something is wrong.

In addition, there are 3 new problems:
  • I made only five levels of the game, but the file size is already 10 MB. Not good. I want to have at least a hundred different levels, but do not want the game weights 100 MB.
  • Create random levels is much more difficult than I thought. I think the problem is related to an intensive use of sprites to locate the touch.
  • There is no way to play using only the keyboard. It needs a mouse, or a touch screen.

For all these reasons I started to think about another method to create the various levels.

B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:33 pm

I can tell you what is wrong with the graphics in my eyes,it seems it isn't from the gifs resolution,but if it is, my apologies.The walls look too pastel like,which would fit a cutesy game, but not a logic/focus type of game as yours (of course, there are cutesy puzzle/logic/focus type games that can benefit from the pastel like style).And when the wall crumbles it changes too drastically,it looks more like seaweed.But in general your game looks like a fun time waster that I would play on my phone
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:39 pm

@Darkeyed
Thanks for your suggestions :)
Perhaps more interesting is a style darker. Something like this:
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:54 pm

That looks really good and it fits the season :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:51 am

Hmm, I wish I was a graphic designer so I could really help you out with more than just opinions =
I feel the thing why you are not satisfied with graphics is what they are. Boxes with thick edges. Plain, one color. The last example you made would be amazing with a background other than plain black. Starry sky? Rolling snow covered hills? I guess you are looking for a visual that seems more alive.
Have a happy day!
- Markus Lappalainen, Composer & Audio Engineer
Open for commissions!

For Hire Thread | LinkedIn | SoundCloud
B
S

Post » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:45 pm

@Darkeyed
Thank you. But something tells me that I'll end up in the spring. And then it will be out of season :P

@taistelusopuli
Your suggestions are really interesting. And they are also very useful. As soon as possible I will put them into practice.

Every day I discover a new problem. Today is the Lag's Day and the CPU at 90%. Hurrah! :mrgreen:

B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:24 am

Maybe I could find a good compromise between speed in creating levels and performance.
I like the idea of a minimal style. It is easier to create and manage. And I see it as more suitable to the style of game I want.

Thanks taistelusopuli for yours suggestions :)

B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:06 am

Ok, maybe we are. Level management is quite simple. Style "cartoon" seems quite suitable. But I have not yet found a background that I like.

ImageImage

Now I think I can start thinking about points, leaderboards and achievements. It should be faster, I hope, because the functions of the first version should go more or less well.

UPDATE - December 29

Last edited by el3um4s on Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:33 pm

I admit: I got distracted with the game's graphics. :roll: But tomorrow I start to work on the points and objectives.
I promise. :geek:

ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by el3um4s on Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:14 pm

Now we are into something good here :) Yous are welcome! Don't know how much I actually did but you are welcome :D

By the way... I'm not sure if all the gray error signs I'm seeing are supposed to be pictures but there is a bunch of them in your posts. Also in your signature has one.
Have a happy day!
- Markus Lappalainen, Composer & Audio Engineer
Open for commissions!

For Hire Thread | LinkedIn | SoundCloud
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests