Save the Wall - [Android Version - WIP]

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:40 pm

Ach, @taistelusopuli , you are right: there is a problem with images. I loaded the gif with Google Photo, but I left the privacy settings. Now you should see.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:59 pm

Now I see everything nice and clear! The borders look good. I suggest having plain but alive image in the background. A fuzz like the bubbles might get tiresome to the eye :) But the borders, they look really nice now.
Have a happy day!
- Markus Lappalainen, Composer & Audio Engineer
Open for commissions!

For Hire Thread | LinkedIn | SoundCloud
B
S

Post » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:41 pm

Oh, thansk @taistelusopuli
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:29 pm

I adjusted the scoring system.

ImageImage

And I added a button to pause the game.

ImageImage

The next step is to create a system to change from one level to another.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:54 am

I really like the border decor you have made. Looks nice! The graphic presentation is coherent which is good :)
Have a happy day!
Open for commissions!

B
S

Post » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:34 am

I'm pretty sure you can sell this game as a "Frozen" game that has nothing to do with the movie,but everyone will get.Just a suggestion for further monetization.If not I still think the winter theme as,snowflakes,snowmen,santa hats and so on would be a decent addition to the backgrounds.But even if you don't like the idea,all I have to say is,the game has gone a long way in a short time.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:06 am

I'd be careful with that "Frozen" thing. Using copyrighted material in any way - especially to make profit - without permission from the owner of the rights is a crime. Things could go sour. Besides, it is better to create personal momentum. Riding on the hype of a big name is.. well.. lame and often doesn't build an image one would want to carry. Just saying :)
Have a happy day!
Open for commissions!

B
S

Post » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:50 am

Thanks @taistelusopuli and @Darkeyed

I have not decided the name of my game. I thought of "Save the Wall", but also something like "Frosty New World" or "Frozen Pong" can be a good idea. I will think..

I like the idea of a winter theme. In fact, I actually like the idea of having different themes for graphics: winter, summer, maybe carnival or abstract. But I'm afraid to make the game too confusing. Maybe when I finished the first version I try to do some experiments.

Monetization. I have not idea about which model to use to monetize the game. Actually I did not even know if I will be able to monetize this game. For the moment I am concentrating on learning the use of Construct 2. Complete my first game would be a success for me. Make money? I think it isn't my priority in this project. Maybe for the next.

Before thinking seriously about the dollars I have to figure out how to do these things:

• manage the transition from one level to another
  • create a path or a story to increase the longevity of the game
  • scores, achievements, leaderboards
  • music and sounds
Then, after that, I think I can start thinking about how to monetize.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:51 am

Good call. Oh oh oh! I got an idea by the way.

You could create a level where there was a layer covering most of the middle section. Under that layer there would/could be an indestructible object that then would possibly bounce the ball to another direction. I would be a nice challenge for those who get tired of the full vision wall saving ;)
Have a happy day!
Open for commissions!

B
S

Post » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:11 am

This is a really good idea. Thank you @taistelusopuli
B
S
G

PreviousNext