Savegame/Loading for PC Game

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:35 pm

You wouldn't want your player to lose dozens of hours of game in a few seconds, except if he choses to erase his savegame himself.
Hello !

I'm Steven, a 24 years old French graphic designer and programmer, and it's been 4 years since I started using Construct 2.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:18 pm

@Ratmaster ok, now i understand! you are really helpful and you seem to know quite a lot of the construct mechanics. thank you so much for your help!
Sorry for bothering you, but may i ask you one last question? How can i access specific data from the json file? Like the level of a character, which i of course saved in a variable.
Cause i wanna show that information in the loadscreen at the beginning.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:11 pm

@PulvererPeter

Well, I learned a lot from the official Construct2 manual and tutorials (I strongly advise you to check them as often as needed), and other users helped me now and then when I had questions ^^

I'm sorry I don't know how to access specific data from the json file yet, I learned how tu use NW.js by myself a week ago and I didn't have time to learn that ^^'

I'm interested in that too, so please let me know if you find a way to do so
Hello !

I'm Steven, a 24 years old French graphic designer and programmer, and it's been 4 years since I started using Construct 2.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:13 pm

By the way, if anyone could help us for that, it would be greatly appreciated ;-)
Hello !

B
S
G

Post » Mon May 15, 2017 4:11 pm

@Ratmaster
(I'm not really sure where it is exactly), which are in theory "permanent storages" and are not affected by the user clearing their cache.

It save it under the name of the game (preview)
C:\Users\AppData\Local

and thank you for the tutorial :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 20, 2017 9:49 pm

@brandonP

Thanks a lot for sharing the info :-)

I'm glad you enjoyed the tuto ;-)
Hello !

B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?