Saving and running layouts from the software (slooow!)

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:47 pm

I'm getting a lot of lag when saving, and when selecting "Run layout" from the software.

When I save, it takes a long time for the process to finish (like 2 minutes or a little more on average) and the windows message windows always say "not responding" while it's running the process. And when I select to Run a layout it basically does the same thing.

I just got another CPU 2 weeks ago so now I'm running Vista with 1.34 GB's of vram, 3 GB's of memory, AMD Athlon Dual core 2.3 GHz.

Is there anything I can do to get better performance?
B
G

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:54 pm

All depends on what it is you're doing, and how much you got of it. Post a cap so people can see if it happens to them, or make suggestions on how to optimize.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:08 pm

I'm on a mobile device right now, but will try to post later.

What I can say at the moment though, is that I have one layout with a 30 frame animation that totals about 800 kb's per frame. That one loads the Run layout function slow and saves slow.

I've also had a frame where there was just one picture totaling about 2 MB's, and that one did the same.
B
G

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:20 pm

If you run twice is it just as slow the second time? The second time it should cache the images which are the slowest part, and run a lot quicker.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:05 pm

[quote="Ashley":2xhpgwo8]If you run twice is it just as slow the second time? The second time it should cache the images which are the slowest part, and run a lot quicker.[/quote:2xhpgwo8]

Yep. In fact, no matter how many times I save or run the same layout even without making changes to it, I get the exact same lag.

Also, when I run debug layout and attempt to to restart the layout in the debug commands, it does the same thing. Pretty much everything lags except opening the program or running a layout with no objects in it.
B
G

Post » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:23 pm

Could you post a .cap that does this somewhere?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic