Saving and running layouts from the software (slooow!)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Match the similar cards with each other and free all animals!
  • I'm getting a lot of lag when saving, and when selecting "Run layout" from the software.

When I save, it takes a long time for the process to finish (like 2 minutes or a little more on average) and the windows message windows always say "not responding" while it's running the process. And when I select to Run a layout it basically does the same thing.

I just got another CPU 2 weeks ago so now I'm running Vista with 1.34 GB's of vram, 3 GB's of memory, AMD Athlon Dual core 2.3 GHz.

Is there anything I can do to get better performance?

• All depends on what it is you're doing, and how much you got of it. Post a cap so people can see if it happens to them, or make suggestions on how to optimize.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm on a mobile device right now, but will try to post later.

What I can say at the moment though, is that I have one layout with a 30 frame animation that totals about 800 kb's per frame. That one loads the Run layout function slow and saves slow.

I've also had a frame where there was just one picture totaling about 2 MB's, and that one did the same.

• If you run twice is it just as slow the second time? The second time it should cache the images which are the slowest part, and run a lot quicker.

• If you run twice is it just as slow the second time? The second time it should cache the images which are the slowest part, and run a lot quicker.

Yep. In fact, no matter how many times I save or run the same layout even without making changes to it, I get the exact same lag.

Also, when I run debug layout and attempt to to restart the layout in the debug commands, it does the same thing. Pretty much everything lags except opening the program or running a layout with no objects in it.

• Could you post a .cap that does this somewhere?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)