Saving/Sorting Global Variables into Array (as High Score) ?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:38 pm

My game has player's name, levels, points and lives and they are all global variables. I want to create a high score table based on those information.

Does anyone have example of how to save global variables into array? and how to sort them (if a new high score is lower than top score but higher than the rest of scores) ?

I am not very familiar with arrays.

Attached is a picture of my high score setup (5 slots, in the example, the game is only 3 times played, so 2 are left blank)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:18 am

Anyone? a little help?
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:40 am

I'll be working on this with someone who can code for my own game tomorrow. If I can find a way I'll let you know.

But if anyone already knows and can save me some work, that'd be great too. :mrgreen:

Edit: Keep an eye on this post too help-with-tutorial-quot-online-high-score-table-quot_t123007
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:03 am

@Mathijs90

Thanks.

I figured the sorting part now. I'm not yet trying the "play game, die in game, save the scores, etc." but I'm setting values directly and sorting it via key presses. I meant that I have made some progress.

I have to stop now because I'm going out.

I'll try the "saving and sorting scores after dying" part later on. I'll update this if I succeeded.
B
S

Return to How do I....?