scale layout/sprite problem

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A set of 10 pixel art animated magic effects with icons. 2 Fire, 2 Earth, 2 Wind, 2 Water, Portal, Explosion.
  • Hi all,

when i set scale layout to 2 and more, my character animations begin to stutter in a strange way. There's like 1 px shaking on the animation. Am i doing something wrong? My character is a 32 x 32 sprite attached to an invisible behavior sprite. When i reduce the scale, it behaves normaly. Is this a bug??

• Hi marcel1980,

you might face the same issue:

Please post this also there!

The platform behavior is shaky when set to rounded positions, like pixel rounding on. Do you have pixel rounding on? Ashley already wrote, there seem to be a rounding issue in construct 2 altogether. Since you scale in, it seems to cause the effect stronger. I also experience this, when scaling layers.

• Hi marcel1980,

you might face the same issue:

Please post this also there!

The platform behavior is shaky when set to rounded positions, like pixel rounding on. Do you have pixel rounding on? Ashley already wrote, there seem to be a rounding issue in construct 2 altogether. Since you scale in, it seems to cause the effect stronger. I also experience this, when scaling layers.

Wow thanks! Actualy i found your answer couple of seconds ago on a very similiar complain and it looks like the pixel rounding did solve it . Im scaling 3x all sprites. Looks like the sprites got snaped which looked like jaggy movement. Hopefuly the pixel rounding off will not have other negative effects. Basicaly all my graphics are 1:1 pixels just rescaled. So hopefuly not?

• marcel1980 : If you need retro-style graphics with sharp pixel edges, it wont work without pixel rounding. I mean it will, but you will have pixels flashing through and ugly anti-aliasing. Also Tiled objects an 9-patches will look messy...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > marcel1980 : If you need retro-style graphics with sharp pixel edges, it wont work without pixel rounding. I mean it will, but you will have pixels flashing through and ugly anti-aliasing. Also Tiled objects an 9-patches will look messy...

Hmm so far i didnt noticed but i havent tested so much :/. So currently the only chance is to wait for a new build of C2 with a fix?

• marcel1980 : you can get it smooth, just not perfect...

Still, no idea, when there is a chance to get rid of it completely. The problem has been there for a while now, but was not much noticed, and I preferred coding instead of writing my post about it. It took me a while

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)