Scanning the outer edge..

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:36 pm

In this .cap i'm trying to start a particle spray where the bullet hit the ground, but for some reason the spray seem to position itself where the bullet comes out of the ground in stead of where it first overlaps. I've made a big green X to make it easier to see what is happening.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:49 am

Yeah I see the problem...I think it has something to do with the runtime not deleting objects in loops or something. If you need a quick work around for now, you can add a private variable to bullet 'isdestroyed' and compare it to 0 (and set it to 1 when your destroying an object) on loop 'move'. This will make your game behave as you expect.

btw nice use of lights :D I love how the screen flashes when you fire. One small suggestion is I noticed the turret and the tank are out of sync. Put the gun - set position to playeranimation below the playeranimation: set position to player and then the turret wont lag a frame behind the tank :)

Oh and nice use of an action point to move your object in the direction it's facing :) I cant wait to see the completed game! :D
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:12 am

Thanks to example of "Instant Laser" made by Ashley i fixed it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?et4x0vgmzgs
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:59 pm

Thank you guys! I tried David solusion, and it worked! I'll check yours out too Doppel!
B
S
G

Return to Your tutorials & example files