Schade-Studios site up - devlog for Beggarman!

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:20 am

I never got used to ALT & F4 (before changing to windows years ago I worked for and with Apple's Macs)

Regarding older graphics cards/integrated chips: I wouldn't reduce the game's eye candy just to let a few more people play it. Instead raise the number of effects to get even more "wow" feelings. Then your self-confident answer should be: "You want to play a modern game? Get a modern graphics card."
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:41 am

Yeah, that approach seems doable, but the target audience may be a bit problematic then.

A) Indie gamers, think they tend to have weaker machines than
B) The Modern Warfare2 power gamers with their ridiculous rigs that raise an eyebrow when they stumble upon a 2D shooter, a genre not so well known to their kind

On the other hand, theres some godrays and lense flare effects already developed, but wasnt sure wether its wise to show them yet, people get shrugged off easily when their first experience is bad due to lag/whatever.

Cheers!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Hello @Colonel Justice! I was planning to give some feedback but it is a bit old now so better to wait next version I guess.

Well for short, it looks really good    there is just quite often stuff going over the walls, those eggs left the bump map behind quite often (I guess that is what it is) and for me the slowdown was a bit random. Maybe system that allows the player to trigger it.

Well there wasn't a lot and maybe it is already obsolete feedback.
Anyway keep up the good work :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:25 am

Hey Katala,

thanks for the feedback! Yeah, collision handling for the walls wasnt the best in this version, Im fixing it right now. The nests leave the bump map behind in this version, but they shouldnt ;)
Bullet time gets triggered by a x% chance an enemy dies. But of course enemies also die off-screen (when they get minced by sawblades for example), so Im checking options here.

Right now Im hijacking Construct 2 as map editor and implementing pickups and items. The next test release draws near :)

Cheers
The Colonel
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Your Creations