Schoolyard Snodown

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue May 28, 2013 9:37 pm

@mrfrettz Yes that is much better, I think you have it about right there, certainly adds a layer to the gameplay,does not feels as fire and forget, you have to focus more on a single opponent, how do you think it works?
As long as I can move left, right and fire, I'm Happy...
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 28, 2013 11:50 pm

[QUOTE=Pixel perfick] @mrfrettz Yes that is much better, I think you have it about right there, certainly adds a layer to the gameplay,does not feels as fire and forget, you have to focus more on a single opponent, how do you think it works?[/QUOTE]
I think the hit window may be a tad too small, but think overall it's going to work really well. There are more pressing gameplay matters to balance (e.g., the Block is completely OP).

Thanks for the suggestion! We'll be posting frequent updates, so feel free to keep checking back for more. :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 29, 2013 8:45 am

Oh I like the snowball shadow too, helps bring it to ground better...
As long as I can move left, right and fire, I'm Happy...
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 31, 2013 12:58 am

The game looks good :)
Link to your facebook page is wrong.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 31, 2013 1:47 am

[QUOTE=Pixel perfick] Oh I like the snowball shadow too, helps bring it to ground better...[/QUOTE]
I think so, too. :) Also, I managed to fix the lines in between the snow tiles. Under Project Properties, there's an option to turn Pixel Rounding on. That did it!

[QUOTE=Rory] The game looks good :)
Link to your facebook page is wrong.[/QUOTE]
Thank you! And really? Hmmm it seems to work fine for me.

www.facebook.com/SchoolyardSnodown ?MrFrettz2013-05-31 01:47:44
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:49 pm

Hey everyone! We've been listening to your feedback and just posted an updated demo! Lots of great new features - paralaxing, snowfall, volume control, bug fixes, ability tweaks. Let us know what you like, and what isn't working - there's lots more to come.

http://www.scirra.com/arcade/games/addicting-action-games/5502/schoolyard-snodownMrFrettz2013-06-25 18:54:23
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:04 pm

i really enjoyed your game
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:39 pm

Thanks for all your feedback, everyone! I'm bumping this thread because we just posted a HUGE update to the demo! A new level, high score tracking, bux fixes galore, and a lot of other cool stuff - check it out! :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:49 pm

Update! Cody now spends much less time kneeling to fill his bag up with snowballs, and kneeling behind cover gives him infinite ammo! We're tying to streamline the game in this build so that the player spends much more time platforming and fighting, and less time refilling their ammo. Let me know what you think!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:13 pm

for making the snow dissapear comments back in may. Wouldnt you be able to treat an individual 'snow tile' as an animatiom calling on the frame with empty snow under the same 'snow tile' when the character interacts with it?Edit:(didnt notice how old those posts were till I already had written this out, heh, sorry)

Awesome game. The music got me jumping right away. The controls are pretty tight. Can be pretty challenging. A good balance to the challenge would be if the oppistion took a quick sec to fill up their snowballs aswell. You guys are doing an awesome job.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations