Scirra App

If you have found a bug, or have a suggestion/comment then leave it here

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:55 pm

I've never had any issues visiting the scirra forums on my android phone either (besides that annoying bug where you don't stay logged in).
However, I've had plenty of issues where the "request desktop site" version doesn't work, the site refuses to serve content, instead redirecting me to a "mobile-friendly" home page, or where the "responsive" mobile theme lacked most, if not all, power-user features.

I say forget about optimizing the forums and keep everything as-is. "Mobile versions" are a blight in the web industry.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:00 pm

I also think it would be just useless, the forum is not great on mobile, but having an app for it is not worth it.

What the heck withball those apps for websites?! Everyday I stumble upon a website suggesting "use our mobile app instead", there is no added value, it is just a waste of time, or it is done to add some advertisements easily.

Asfor mobile versions, I am against since it is mostly done by extracting the bare minimum of the website and ruining the look. but I can tolerate them if you can switch frol one to another in one touch or click (on the page, not the option of the browser)
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:08 pm

Just to offer my opinion,

I seems a little weird to me that a developer's related application and documentation site would require or need a mobile app or mobile optimized site. I say this because we live in the desktop. Construct 2, and all other developer related apps (IDKs), live in the desktop. For most of us, the design, marketing, organizing, programming, etc..., is all done in the desktop. It would seem weird to have a piece broken away and forked to focus on a different type of platform, or venue really.

It would be like having a farm truck used for hauling heavy stuff around and saying that it would be really helpful to make it more aerodynamic.

Of course, everyone works differently. This is just my personal view point on the subject. And, of course, I agree that Ashley's time could be better spent on other things.
Kurieus
Come visit and play Blast Box!
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:19 pm

The manual might be ok as an app.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:05 am

I find that using the forum on Android mobile on Chrome (in my case Nexus 5 and Nexus 7) bites.... (i.e. it's bad). Slow to the point of being virtually unusable. Viewing is 'ok' but posting is not.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:06 am

^^ as above - painfully slow on Nexus 5 running Chrome, even over wifi, small and ambiguous links don't help the experience either. It's great on laptop, though...
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:43 am

Sometimes, my Android tablet is frozen when visiting the forums with Chrome.
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

If you play Puyo Puyo games, you can meet me at the Puyo Puyo English Community Discord: https://discord.gg/0k41S8ARwvY2iTIQ
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:59 pm

newt wrote:The manual might be ok as an app.

That's an interesting idea. I can see a better use case for that. Isn't the manual already downloadable as a PDF though too?
Kurieus
Come visit and play Blast Box!
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:45 pm

I think someone did that.
On the other hand an app could have better interaction.
Working examples... for example.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:00 pm

@newt it would be better if there was a tutorial Scirra App! That would be totally awesome to put your phone/tablet beside your desktop & work step by step on your game!
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Website Issues and Feedback