Scirra Arcade Issue For Me

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:33 pm

Can someone check for me please, I have upload a game to the Scirra Arcade but it doesn't seem to loadup for me for some reason. I just seem to get a black screen.
Would appreciate if someone could report back to see what happens on their machine.
Thanks

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/multiplayer-games/tank-vs-tank-75
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:51 pm

I experience the same, I upload but it is a white screen only. You can hear music but you can't see anything...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:59 pm

Yeah mine too.
I can run the same export build via dropbox index link and it works fine.
I am guessing its an arcade issue.

Gweely all I get is a black screen on yours too. Someone please hit the link in my sig and tell me if it plays for them of they get white screen?
Check out my completed games on the Arcade! Capt. Doe Save the Universe! & Clicker Wizard!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:34 pm

@chrisinfinger
Yeah just white screen. I cant understand why others who have posted are working fine. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 01, 2015 3:25 am

Yeah I have no idea, of course no one else seems to either. :)

I am going to pull mine down and work on it some, hopefully the new arcade will be further along when I reload it in a week or so.

Based on the other issue people have been having of very small size view on play I am hoping it is all related to screen properties in my original build. I plan to start checking there.
Check out my completed games on the Arcade! Capt. Doe Save the Universe! & Clicker Wizard!
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 01, 2015 9:47 pm

Try exporting it again and uncheck the Minifying button on export options screen.

It came from this thread https://www.scirra.com/forum/new-arcade-beta_t129648?start=60.

It worked for my game, which is up and running again!
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 01, 2015 11:50 pm

@chrisinfinger
Yeah tried that and its working for me too.

Thanks for the feedback
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 24, 2017 10:56 pm

Hello! For people with a Black Screen:
I had also been getting the same screen myself, and after a while of researching, I found out that it did not like the Cocoon(Think that's what it's called) settings. This means it does not like any features that have to do with "touch", like on a mobile. I had a jump on tap feature on my game, and after removing it, my game worked perfectly fine, no black screen! Hope this helps!
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?