Scirra kickstarter

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:13 am

@AJTilley: even if you can manage your Kickstarter campaign from anywhere around the world, you need to have a US citizen, with a US bank account registered (contract with Amazon, among other things, to check there's no fraudulent activity related to the money transfer).
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:20 am

Ah yes I am sorry you are right, I had forgotten that part and was focusing entirely on the location management of the project... So indiegogo is probably the way scirra would have to go forward as mentioned by cow_trix...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:32 am

I would shell some dough for Scirra if they were aiming for more exports.
Having a licensed product doesn't necessarily buy all of the content. Look at other engines. They charge extra for exports (some are outright robbery).

If there was the chance of making C2 work with EXE natively (no Awesominum), I'd give out some cash, no problem.

And I'm stingy with my money.eyeliner2012-04-18 09:32:50
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:50 pm

@inkBot - getting Awesomium working is probably about a week's work, we don't need to hire anyone to do it. We're just waiting for it to be finished, because the current alpha release the test is based on is missing some critical features like offline support. They're working on it though and once it's done it's really easy to get working, since it's basically the Google Chrome browser in a standalone EXE, so very little will need changing!

Awesomium can support always-on WebGL as well (no driver blacklist) so the performance will be pretty close to a native runtime. Certainly good enough for most games, anyway. Consider that making a native EXE runtime in a language like C++ could easily be 6 months work for us when we're already super busy, and it will create an ongoing nightmare by forcing all plugin and behavior developers to rewrite their plugins in C++ (which many of them won't, causing a difficult porting problem). All that, just for a little bit of extra performance - and if your game is already running at 60 fps in Awesomium, it's for absolutely no benefit at all! So I think it's totally not worth it, which is why we're going with Awesomium.Ashley2012-04-18 13:51:34
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General