[SCIRRA!] PLEASE ADD SET ANGLE OF TILE MAP!

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:32 pm

If that's the case..... Then i also suggest adding a hotspot option for tilemaps so that we can have better control with it's angles.
That should also be included in the feature as a package.

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:21 pm

I would suggest changing the name of tilemap if said changes were implemented.
Also, what happens when angled tiles overlap each other?
Are they clipped, or does one get drawn on top of another?
If so, how would it pick who goes on top?
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:51 pm

As I said tilemaps are for maps, it seems that we are suggesting things beyond it's original purpose. If things aren't as simple as adding an angle option and could be a very huge modification on the tilemap plugin especially on the collision cells part. Then i suggest making a new object separate to the tilemap plugin, just in case things go horribly wrong.

I also use tilemaps on my games and i don't like it breaking because of a stunt we're suggesting.

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:01 pm

Yeah, it's a diferent object with angles, and really it would be a limited one compared to just using sprite frames.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:58 pm

I don't understand why it would need a different name if it ultimately would function the same way. A map is a map- what the map is used for or how it is oriented doesn't change the fact it is a map.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:22 pm

Well it's not tiled.
It would be a mapped texture.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:32 pm

It would still be tiles, and it would be tiled. I don't understand why it wouldn't be.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:49 pm

Tiled denotes objects lined up together, next to each other, and not overlapping each other.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:50 pm

Ashley wrote:This is the kind of thing which is a lot easier to do if we drop canvas2d support, but right now I think that would upset a larger number of people.

@Ashley
Would it really? I haven't run across a device made in the last couple of years that doesn't support webgl. Allowing old technology to hold back new technology with a growing user base seems off. And who's to say that the new tech can't support things the old tech doesn't? Software & hardware renderers co-existed in games for years until 3D accelerators became the norm, and the hardware renderers had more features than the software renderers without the world ending.

I'm just not following the train of thought that says "we can't do X because that would upset some people, even though not doing X holds everything back and upsets an increasingly larger number of people," but maybe I'm missing something? If Unity3D argued the same thing - even back when they were a smaller company - it would never have grown into what it's become.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:16 pm

digitalsoapbox wrote:Would it really? I haven't run across a device made in the last couple of years that doesn't support webgl. Allowing old technology to hold back new technology with a growing user base seems off.

Ehemmm....Canvas 2D is still supported more places & devices than WebGL than you think. I'll just tell you know, if @Ashley does remove canvas2d support then anticipate the entire forum and bug section will be flooded like never before.

digitalsoapbox wrote:And who's to say that the new tech can't support things the old tech doesn't?

Uhmm Ehemm...Stackoverflow. :lol:

digitalsoapbox wrote:I'm just not following the train of thought that says "we can't do X because that would upset some people, even though not doing X holds everything back and upsets an increasingly larger number of people," but maybe I'm missing something?

Uhhhmmm.... Ashley is an entrepreneur, he thinks for the majority and as of now canvas2d is still needed by majority.
As a game developer, i would choose to make a game that is likely to be played by majority of players than those rarely are played by gamers by interest.

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General