Scirra Sales ?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:39 pm

Hellows Community !

Is there a Chance to geht informed when construct2 is on sale ?
And what do you think, will the Price get higher again ?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:55 pm

@burningcake

Construct was on sale about 2 months ago.

It was pretty well advertised, I got an email about it.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:11 pm

The price will get higher for sure, its extremely cheap. Watch other game creation engines like gamemaker/gamesalad.

And I hope/think they will switch to an yearly/monthly subscripton. Something like 180$ per year would be perfect.
Darklinki2013-06-24 13:14:21
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:17 pm

[QUOTE=Darklinki] The price will get higher for sure, its extremely cheap. Watch other game creation engines like gamemaker/gamesalad.

And I hope/think they will switch to an yearly/monthly subscripton. Something like 180$ per year would be perfect.
[/QUOTE]

This Would be veeeeery sad.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:42 pm

Nah, it would mean scirra can hire more developer. And I think the most one with an license makes more money with c2 than 180$, so it would be just better for us.

Actually scirra just gets not enough money, they need constant support to become bigger and bigger.

And if Scirra becomes bigger also HTML5 becomes bigger and this also awesome for us. Win Win Situation.Darklinki2013-06-25 15:43:31
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:56 pm

I wonder where you're getting your informations from @Darklinki.
Scirra has been looking to hire a JS developer for several months now, meaning they are making enough with the current license system to hire more people.

It's unlikely they will change the license system (they always told they found a one-time fee to be more fair).
As for the price rising, I don't know if it will happen. Perhaps, perhaps not, there's been no word on this. Anyway if the prices were to raise again, they would clearly announce it earlier than the raise like they did before.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:10 pm

Kyatric: I hope/think means I hope/think ^^ haven't said I know something more.

Im only sure the price will go up anytime, cause actually its the cheapest engine and the last time they raised it without saying much before about it.

And yes I have read that they hired another JS Developer, but Scirra is still a small company and I hope they will change their license system. And I think they will change it cause it also got changed/created for schools ;)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:28 pm

[QUOTE=Darklinki] Actually scirra just gets not enough money[/QUOTE]
There is no "I think" there, it sounds like an assertion to me.

[QUOTE=Darklinki] Im only sure the price will go up anytime, cause actually its the cheapest engine and the last time they raised it without saying much before about it.[/QUOTE]
They warned for months (almost 6) that the price would raise, and they announced the time of raise 3 weeks before it did.

If you consider that's not much saying, I don't know what is.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:02 pm

Aye, Scirra might surprise you with good news (sale!) but never with "bad."

There was a whole thread a while ago talking about Scirra's merits/flaws relative to competitors, and four highlights were: accessibility of cost; full features (with limited instances in certain cases) for free users; frequent free updates; and only-when-you-need-it license upgrade requirements.

You can find a common thread running through those company positions and more: accessibility and value to users (which could be summarized as value to users).
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:39 pm

please DO NOT turn to a yearly or monthly subscription
I'm busy with my real job and don't have lots of spare time
I've bought personal license so when I have time I use C2

if it becomes monthly/yearly then the value of this software has decreased as I don't make any $ back from C2 at this moment so I'm down price of personal license and that is fine with me because I can use it whenever/wherever I want.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General