Scirra signalling server down?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:25 am

The time right now in England (where Scirra is located) is about 5am Sunday morning. So I wouldn't expect an immediate fix for this.

@dannykln I just load one of Scirra's multiplayer tutorials/demos, it shows that there is no connection as soon as the page loads http://www.scirra.com/labs/multiplayer/ghostshooter/

@tonypnd You can buy the source code needed for your own server for $19.49 from Scirra https://www.scirra.com/store/game-makin ... server-161 . I wonder how difficult it would be to have your own backup server that your game only connects to if the primary Scirra server is down (which it will know because it can't connect). If you're on a scalable server plan, it might only cost you a little bit of money to run, since you'd use it very infrequently. Amazon Web Services will give you 1 year of free basic server hosting which should do the trick. The fun part would be how you handle moving back to the main signalling server and preventing your players from being split apart once both servers are operational.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:39 am

Thank you @jasmattkrz i would wait for 24 hours, if the official signalling server still not working, i would like to try run one :cry:
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:47 am

@dannykln
@ReflectionsDev
@jasmattkrz
@tonypond

I've setup a Signal Server for you guys.
Feel free to use it for now.
It's running on a dedicated server in Europe/Germany with a 60Gbit/s backbone.

Set Connect to signalling server inside your project event to:
"ws://92.51.171.10:12475"

Please note that it's not running as SSL nor on standard-port 80
Some player might have connection issues. But i still hope i was able to help you guys.

Have fun ;)
Last edited by Everade on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:46 pm

Thank you! @everade

This will work great for me since I'm just testing out the multiplayer feature and I don't have a multiplayer project that's already live. Ironically it's now "about 5am Sunday morning" where I live, so I expect it to be a few hours at least before I put your server to use.

But seriously, thank you again. The Construct 2 community is a large part of what helped me choose this engine two years ago and your kindness affirms that choice.

I also just read elsewhere on the forums that @Ashley recently stated disappointment in how many users there are for the multiplayer plugin (after the huge support it received in an online poll which predates my time here). So I want to give him and the Construct 2 team a sincere "thank you" as well for implementing this advanced feature. I also appreciate the fact that we get an official signalling (or to me, signaling) server available for free, and that source code is also available if we need to control that part of the infrastructure (or if a user suddenly feels the need to be awesome, like @everade just did).

And yes, sometimes servers have issues; much of Netflix was also down for 3.5hrs yesterday (which is actually kind of crazy)!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:49 pm

Thank you soooooooooooooo much @Everade you saved my life. i will give you credits on my site.
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:18 pm

Hi, @Everade , it looks like i can not connect to your signalling server either. has the same error with official server, can you check it please brother?
i was testing on official chat example did i miss something?
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:27 pm

@tonypond
It works for me, just tested it.

Did you enter the correct IP?

The problem might be that i'm not using SSL
It states:
// SSL configuration. Use of SSL is strongly recommended. Due to some firewalls, routers or
// NAT devices in use on the Internet, insecure WebSocket connections may not be able to connect
// where a secure WebSocket connection can. Encryption prevents buggy packet-inspecting
// middleboxes from meddling with the traffic on the assumption port 80 is HTTP web traffic.

and
Choosing a
// non-standard port may cause some firewalls, routers or NAT devices to block the connection.

The problem is that i can't offer you any of it.
Because i'm running other services on this server which would interfere and i don't have a SSL certificate

Letme check, maybe i can get a SSL certificate.
I'm on it.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:52 pm

Thank you @Everade, i copied your ws address into official chat example, it did not work for me, maybe its a network issue here?, i will tell my friend to try in another city, thank you again brother
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:02 pm

Someone just connected.
And omg sorry i posted the wrong IP xD i forgot 2 digits
corrected it now!

But i'm setting up a SSL certificate right now, i will keep you posted.
Last edited by Everade on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:03 pm

Good news buddy, it worked, turn out to have something to do with McAfee, i tried on another laptop without McAfee, and there is no problem! good job @Everade and thank you alot!
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General