Scirra signalling server down?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:31 pm

Ashley wrote:The signalling server is now hosted with Rackspace (we moved it recently). The recent crash was due to a bug in the signalling server software which I subsequently fixed and updated the server with the patch.

Thanks a lot for the info. Hoping that my game will reach about 5% of Scirra's connections per month, there will most-likely be no crashes at all on my end, if they're somehow related to that. Setting up the server shouldn't take longer than a weekend and for the given price, it's great to hear that active support is included. Although I'm currently not really feeling the need to buy and run my own server, Scirra's server is doing the job just fine.

I'm not sure if this has been asked already but would you maybe consider adding a monthly restart to reduce the chances of the server crashing? The most server-hosters offer automated systems/scripts to do that. I think it would be better to have one predictable downtime each month instead of having a crash every few months (not constantly :roll:). The plugin expression onerror could return the message that "it's down for maintenance" as well.
Obviously the community should be asked about this as well (maybe in form of a poll), if you would consider adding this.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:52 am

It already reboots once a month - it installs Windows Updates every Patch Tuesday.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:30 pm

Ashley wrote:It already reboots once a month - it installs Windows Updates every Patch Tuesday.

Alright sounds good. Thanks for taking your time to answer all those questions of mine.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:04 pm

Hello, getting that error today, is it down at this time?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:44 pm

Boxels wrote:Hello, getting that error today, is it down at this time?

Probably updates or minor issues, Ashley will sort things out as soon as he can I guess.

Our watchers in the Construct Community are doing a good job with tracking downtimes and they've detected quite a lot today (usually just a few seconds).
If you want realtime updates on new blogposts and many more, feel free to join us. (Sorry for the shameless promotion!)
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:24 pm

We did a bit of maintenance today. Sorry for the trouble, it should be back to normal service now.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General