scirra signalling server is unstable

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • hi ,

i made a game based on multiplayer and i have a server so run my game in browser tabs as server and my clients connected to the server but its not stable

signalling server get disconnect from my server so game is stuck and gamers will be disconnected and game was unsuccessfully finished

and now i must buy signalling server ?!

if i have signalling server in my server side so its not disconnected even if my server internet get disconnected

so basically we can not make multiplayer games with c2 license and must buy multiplayer license

why its not free ? when you can not do it let us do it !

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Try to use 2 different browsers : Chrome host + Firefox peer.

• signalling server connects the players together, that is it. After that it is browser to browser, so if player drops connection then he leaves, and if he is host, then gamers are disconnected.

the signalling server is free, scirra are running one that all can use. if you want to run your own, then you have to buy it. But hard to beat the specs of the scirra one.

The issue isn't the server, it is that webtrc is still buggy as hell, and the various browsers keep breaking it.

• Yup, webtrc is extremely buggy.

I haven't been able to make a stable multiplayer experience yet. And i have tested with around 20 people.

Crossbrowser is buggy, and there are problems with routers and so on..

So no stable multiplayer yet, but maybe some day!

• No, WebRTC is not extremely buggy, nor is our signalling server unreliable. multiplayer.scirra.com runs on a dedicated server with a 1 gigabit direct connection to the Internet (there is no NAT).

The problem is the Internet itself is sometimes unreliable. The quality of a connection between two random devices on the Internet is highly variable. If you cannot get a reliable connection to the US-based signalling server, running your own server closer to you is one possible solution, but that's not because WebRTC or our server sucks, it's because sending data over thousands and thousands of miles across the planet's surface is not a perfectly reliable process.

• No, WebRTC is not extremely buggy, nor is our signalling server unreliable. multiplayer.scirra.com runs on a dedicated server with a 1 gigabit direct connection to the Internet (there is no NAT).

The problem is the Internet itself is sometimes unreliable. The quality of a connection between two random devices on the Internet is highly variable. If you cannot get a reliable connection to the US-based signalling server, running your own server closer to you is one possible solution, but that's not because WebRTC or our server sucks, it's because sending data over thousands and thousands of miles across the planet's surface is not a perfectly reliable process.

There is so many games on the internet with no disconnection

And they use internet too

so multiplayer is unstable

Socket.io v1.x plugin is vary better then multiplayer plugin!

• Commercial multiplayer games deploy servers around the world so players are never too far away from a server, which improves the reliability of connections. You can do the same by running your own signalling server in the same country/region as your players.

Also I can tell you I've played some major commercial titles that had horrible connectivity over the Internet and would regularly kick me off

• Commercial multiplayer games deploy servers around the world so players are never too far away from a server, which improves the reliability of connections. You can do the same by running your own signalling server in the same country/region as your players.

Also I can tell you I've played some major commercial titles that had horrible connectivity over the Internet and would regularly kick me off

yes internet have problem and users get disconnected but this problem is for a few second and in multiplayer plugin you must try to reconnect them to each other fast and if this few second get bigger then you must disconnect them !

but in multiplayer plugin when they disconnect for just a second plugin disconnect them and doesn't try to reconnect them fast and we can not reconnect them fast because we must connect to your server and then login and then join room and then connect to game and this process take so much time for us .

but in websocket we can connect them fast again !

and due to this bug :

scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=150590

if host get disconnected from signalling server it does not know that sometimes !!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)