Scorm module

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Instantly Create Rogue-like Adventures with just 1 Layout! Include this IGM into any existing game.
  • Hello

Some time ago, I released a Scorm plugin for Construct.

I recently written a documentation on how to use it and I think I can release it now in this Category, hoping it can help the educational world working with Construct 2.

Link to the plugin

Link to the github project

The documentation

New Construct 3 Version

The c3addon file is in the "bin" folder on github.

It's compatible with your games created in Construct 2 (you can import the old C2 exemple capx to test it in C3)

Link to the github project

If this helped you achieving what you wanted, you can support my work by donating.

Paypal Link for donation

Thanks

• Thank you for this. I'll probably find this very useful in the future.

• Thanks so much Mimiste, I'll buy you a coffee when i got everything working! i promise!

• This wonderful! Thank you so much, it opens up creating really engaging e-learning with gamification and funification!

Any chance of converting to Construct 3 plugin format?

Also....It would be cool to directly integrate Construct apps into Moodle (a widely used Learning Management System) without going via a SCORM integration.

• This wonderful! Thank you so much, it opens up creating really engaging e-learning with gamification and funification!

Any chance of converting to Construct 3 plugin format?

Also....It would be cool to directly integrate Construct apps into Moodle (a widely used Learning Management System) without going via a SCORM integration.

Hello and thank you

Yes I'm planning to convert this module to the construct 3 format

(Didn't tried construct 3 yet so I don't really know what is different) but I think that could be done in the next weeks

For Moodle that's a different thing but that could be a good plugin idea

• Excellent! Thanks looking forward to it!

• > This wonderful! Thank you so much, it opens up creating really engaging e-learning with gamification and funification!

>

> Any chance of converting to Construct 3 plugin format?

>

> Also....It would be cool to directly integrate Construct apps into Moodle (a widely used Learning Management System) without going via a SCORM integration.

>

Hello and thank you

Yes I'm planning to convert this module to the construct 3 format

(Didn't tried construct 3 yet so I don't really know what is different) but I think that could be done in the next weeks

For Moodle that's a different thing but that could be a good plugin idea

Hi Mimiste

Thanks for this amazing plugin!

Do you have any news about the C3 plugin?

• Thanks, I like working with C2, and these plugins help a lot.

• Hello

I updated my first post with the new Construct 3 Version

• Thanks, I like working with C2, and these plugins help a lot.

You're welcome

• Hello

Awesome. Thank you.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello

Hi Mimiste

I need to create a simple form to demonstrate the SCORM feature in the C3 to a possible client and I need some help to use your plugin. I don't know anything about SCORM. In this form, all of the fields will have to have an input. For the open text fields, it could be any alphanumeric text and for the drop-down menus, it would be one of the options listed. I intend to use C3 to create a very simple form with 3 fields: two text box and a drop-down menu.

Could you help me with this? If I get this job I intend to pay for this plugin (or make a donation if you prefer).

Thanks in advance.

• > Hello

>

> I updated my first post with the new Construct 3 Version

>

Hi Mimiste

I need to create a simple form to demonstrate the SCORM feature in the C3 to a possible client and I need some help to use your plugin. I don't know anything about SCORM. In this form, all of the fields will have to have an input. For the open text fields, it could be any alphanumeric text and for the drop-down menus, it would be one of the options listed. I intend to use C3 to create a very simple form with 3 fields: two text box and a drop-down menu.

Could you help me with this? If I get this job I intend to pay for this plugin (or make a donation if you prefer).

Thanks in advance.

Hello

Just to be certain, why do you want to use SCORM for your form ? Is it requested by your client ? SCORM is really focused for the e-learning, it's made to track the progression of a learner in a lesson for example.

By the way it's still possible to store a form in the scorm database model. There is one field where you can write anything you want : the "cmi.suspend_data" field.

It's limited to 4000 characters in the scorm 1.2 version so I recommend to use the scorm 2004 version.

What I would do technically :

When you click the "submit" button of your form, I would create some kind of json with every data of the form.

Optionnaly, I would convert the json string to base64 to eliminate errors regarding escaping, encoding...

Then I would store it in the "cmi.suspend_data" field

If you need more details, dont hesitate to ask

• Hello

Just to be certain, why do you want to use SCORM for your form ? Is it requested by your client ? SCORM is really focused for the e-learning, it's made to track the progression of a learner in a lesson for example.

By the way it's still possible to store a form in the scorm database model. There is one field where you can write anything you want : the "cmi.suspend_data" field.

It's limited to 4000 characters in the scorm 1.2 version so I recommend to use the scorm 2004 version.

What I would do technically :

When you click the "submit" button of your form, I would create some kind of json with every data of the form.

Optionnaly, I would convert the json string to base64 to eliminate errors regarding escaping, encoding...

Then I would store it in the "cmi.suspend_data" field

If you need more details, dont hesitate to ask

Thanks for answering.

The client is asking me to create a form with SCORM. The learners will use this form to simulate a requisition form used by the company. This form will have text fields and drop-down list menus and we don't need to check the answers. We just need to check if the user answers all the questions and to get these answers and save them with the SCORM. Does it make sense? As I said before I don't understand anything about SCORM and I need to make a really simple demonstration in 2 hours. I would really appreciate if you could show me a simple example.

Edited: I forgot to say that the client used a term to refer to the SCORM. He said exactly this: All the forms need to be checked and confirmed as "SCORM compliant". Do you know this term? What did he mean with this?

• >

>

> Hello

>

> Just to be certain, why do you want to use SCORM for your form ? Is it requested by your client ? SCORM is really focused for the e-learning, it's made to track the progression of a learner in a lesson for example.

>

> By the way it's still possible to store a form in the scorm database model. There is one field where you can write anything you want : the "cmi.suspend_data" field.

> It's limited to 4000 characters in the scorm 1.2 version so I recommend to use the scorm 2004 version.

>

> What I would do technically :

> When you click the "submit" button of your form, I would create some kind of json with every data of the form.

> Optionnaly, I would convert the json string to base64 to eliminate errors regarding escaping, encoding...

> Then I would store it in the "cmi.suspend_data" field

>

> If you need more details, dont hesitate to ask

>

Thanks for answering.

The client is asking me to create a form with SCORM. The learners will use this form to simulate a requisition form used by the company. This form will have text fields and drop-down list menus and we don't need to check the answers. We just need to check if the user answers all the questions and to get these answers and save them with the SCORM. Does it make sense? As I said before I don't understand anything about SCORM and I need to make a really simple demonstration in 2 hours. I would really appreciate if you could show me a simple example.

Edited: I forgot to say that the client used a term to refer to the SCORM. He said exactly this: All the forms need to be checked and confirmed as "SCORM compliant". Do you know this term? What did he mean with this?

I think he mean that the game can be uploaded on a LMS without error.

As a start, you should use the example I provided for the construct 2 version. I think the capx should open in construct 3.

Just check in this example how I connect and send data to the SCORM model.

That's pretty complicated to understand all this in only two hours I admit

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)