Screen flashing with NWjs / Audio related

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:11 am

TheRealDannyyy wrote:Anyway, do you have the link to the report for me? I'd like to check it out by myself.

Yeah it's actually mentioned a bit up in this thread, but here you go: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/4947
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:27 am

BackendFreak wrote:Yeah it's actually mentioned a bit up in this thread, but here you go: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/4947

Whoops, I should've paid more attention thanks either way.
Looks exactly how I expected it to be, just earlier today I saw a guy getting bashed in a topic about this "passing the blame" issue that's happening frequently.

Well I guess we are on our own, since this issue doesn't seem to happen within chrome, their team will blame it on the software or back-end we use.
Keeping things short we either enter the endless loop of waiting and getting nothing done or do it by ourselves.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:32 am

Okay now I'm really confused.

I tried with NWjs 0.15 and I had no flickering any more as well.

So I thought maybe it's something in the project. I use SVN as I work in team, so I reverted my project to the exact same state as when I was reporting this issue here. And still no flickering.

Then I decided to make an exactly same setup as before so I reverted C2 to r234 and still no flickering O.o.

I'm out of ideas now. It looks like it is related to something absolutely external. Windows version? Graphic drivers? Maybe Chromium 50+ is not compatibile with some drivers which has been recently updated?

No idea, but tomorrow I will have an access to the second machine I had this flickering issue, so I'll test it there as well. But if it's related to the machine itself (I mean not to C2 or NWjs) then I guess it's still better to use 0.13.2 for a while now as this version is working well everywhere while 0.18 might work well only on PCs with latest Win, graphic drivers (or whatever it is) updates.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:35 pm

Just an additional thought: I noticed I could cause the flickering to happen more frequently when I spammed my jump button on the keyboard (W). It wouldn't really happen when I was just walking. For reference, my game is just a platformer and this was with the platformer behavior.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:05 am

Just an update on this. I'm currently on r239 and NWjs 0.18.1, so the same setup I tested earlier and had no flickering. Now I just turned off and on music in my game (not in the code) few times and now it's flickering again pretty often when the sound is triggered in my game (but not everytime). Usually when my object hits an obstacle. Switching on/off music in my game is simply Audio->Stop(tag)/Audio->Play(tag).

bclikesyou wrote:Just an additional thought: I noticed I could cause the flickering to happen more frequently when I spammed my jump button on the keyboard (W). It wouldn't really happen when I was just walking. For reference, my game is just a platformer and this was with the platformer behavior.

I presume there's a sound triggered while you jump in your game?
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:18 am

Do you guys preload all sounds or are they playing (+loading in) for the first time?
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:26 am

TheRealDannyyy wrote:Do you guys preload all sounds or are they playing (+loading in) for the first time?

Sounds are preloaded at start of the game.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:47 pm

BackendFreak wrote:I presume there's a sound triggered while you jump in your game?

Yes there is! I was actually getting flickering in my test level which has no music but has SFX for shooting and jumping. Looks like it is audio related!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:28 pm

I've made a CAPX with this bug. Tested on two machines and reported as bug: viewtopic.php?f=151&t=183744
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:47 pm

@BackendFreak Great work. Thanks for taking the initiative on this.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General