ScreenShot capture to email, Capx + Tutorial

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Creating Artificial Intelligence Games Using Construct2 and Construct3.
  • I had a request by someone who had seen my tutorial on sending an email in C2, if, and how it would be possible to take a screenshot within C2 and send it to an email address, with no plugins.

I had had trouble with this in the past, with it being a bit complex.

But I think I have finally come up with an answer, it involves :-

Sending data from C2 to a php script which in turn stores the screenshot on your server, then sends the picture to the email address chosen.

Now I need to broadly test it, which is where you come in ! Hopefully

If generally successful I will share a tutorial with all the necessary files.

So To test just click on the link below and then click the button to take the screenshot, then don't forget to fill in your email address, then click send.

Then you will have to wait to receive the email, could be between 1-15 mins.

Then please Let me know if it was successful.

The test has a random number of pigs displayed at random angles, so each grab will be unique.

http://www.sizzle-games.com/screen/

Update.

Tutorial and capx can be found here.

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/9553/screenshot-capture-to-email

Many thanks, cheers

• Works fine on my end

• Works fine on my end

Thats a good start, thanks for trying it out.

Cheers

• Im sorry but after 30 min i receive anything.

Btw i will be happy to see how you do that and it would be a nice feature for my app, and if it can send video files it would be amazing.

If i receive the email i will edit my post.

Have a good day

• Im sorry but after 30 min i receive anything.

Btw i will be happy to see how you do that and it would be a nice feature for my app, and if it can send video files it would be amazing.

If i receive the email i will edit my post.

Have a good day

Not so good news, I have just rechecked and its still working from my pc, what device and browser are you using?

Could you possibly retry? (also check junk mail)

Anyway thanks for helping

cheers

• sizcoz

Ok so i remade a test and it go on spam but i only receive 1/4 mail.

I will send 10 mail for get a better ratio.

And i try on Firefox and Chromium. 3Firefox 1get 1Chromium 0get

sorry for my english

Ok for my test i get for firefox 5/5 (4 in spam) (1principal) and gmail block image if i dont click it's not phishing.

And for chromium i get 0/5 for now i will edit if it change. ( 20min already passed)

• sizcoz

Ok so i remade a test and it go on spam but i only receive 1/4 mail.

I will send 10 mail for get a better ratio.

And i try on Firefox and Chromium. 3Firefox 1get 1Chromium 0get

sorry for my english

Ok for my test i get for firefox 5/5 (4 in spam) (1principal) and gmail block image if i dont click it's not phishing.

And for chromium i get 0/5 for now i will edit if it change. ( 20min already passed)

Strange, I have only tested in Chrome myself and that seems to be working for me, thanks again.

• sizcoz Hi man It worked for me could you post a capx please?

• sizcoz I thinks it's all about my gmail account, so dont worry.

But btw it doesnt work with chromium but i dont really make good test. (Like verify every setting etc...)

It worked with firefox 5/5 but the phishing security of gmail alert me.

Have a good day.

LaurenceBedford I thinks a capx doesnt mean anything with his method... I thinks it's just a simple Ajax Post and the website make everything.

• Oh ok thanks Casimir

• Oh ok thanks Casimir

LaurenceBedford Good news, thanks for trying

I will post a tutorial ,with capx and php files, when I have had more results, thanks again.

• sizcoz I thinks it's all about my gmail account, so dont worry.

But btw it doesnt work with chromium but i dont really make good test. (Like verify every setting etc...)

It worked with firefox 5/5 but the phishing security of gmail alert me.

Have a good day.

LaurenceBedford I thinks a capx doesnt mean anything with his method... I thinks it's just a simple Ajax Post and the website make everything.

Casimir

The Capx only sends the data to a php script on your chosen server(webhost space), then the php script sends the mail, via php mail.

• sizcoz My bad, it's because i dont know anything about this univers, and when i tried to use mail in my project it was ajax and zapier webhook. (it work)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • sizcoz I tried here and do not receive the email! But I see in "developer tools" of Chrome than there are issues related to the application are hosted in a "http" server and not a "https".

I already did an webapp, with C2, than grab audio send it to firebase and send the link, received from firebase, in a email, with php mail function, but I do not know how to send an attached file in php mail.

• Hi

Casimir

LaurenceBedford

Sorry Guys, I just have not got round to it, my day job is in construction, and its now the summer.

I will try to do it this weekend.

Cheers

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)