Screenshot Plugin: v0.2a Update

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Hey,

Thanks Lucid and everybody's else help on the plugins. I'm still learning about how code integrates with Construct's plugin system, but it isn't as challenging as I originally thought!

Here is a very early version of a screenshot plugin I am making. It only has one command right now, an action to take screenshot. The parameter for taking just the current screen doesn't work yet (it only gets the entire desktop), but I plan on adding that as well as adding option to name save file as well as auto increment the name of save file as you take more screenshots!

http://www.box.net/shared/i28fdpvfj0

UPDATE: Added window-capturing and auto-incrementing file saves. Fixed bug in save location, an file naming, added expression to get screenshot count.

• Sweet! People have been wanting this for a long time!

• Should help a lot of people.

• It would not load for me. I checked the dependencies and it looks like it needs: MFC100D.DLL and MSVCR100D.DLL. You should be able to eliminate those dependencies in the solution properties and tweaking the "Use of MFC" setting, or you may want to try to switch to the win32 template in the sdk.

• In this case, since it doesn't need MFC I'll just rebuild with the win32 SDK.

However, what if I had to use MFC? How do I know what the end user's system requires without using the "Use MFC in static library" and getting a 2MB plugin?

Edit: I just rebuilt it with Win32 please try downloading and let me know how it works.

• Downloaded it again, it works now.

[quote:lzv1n7mi]However, what if I had to use MFC? How do I know what the end user's system requires without using the "Use MFC in static library" and getting a 2MB plugin?

For checking what dlls a plugin uses I use http://www.dependencywalker.com/. I don't have a solution for the mfc problem. My idea would be to use older mfc dlls that are always included with windows, but I haven't looked into how that could be done.

• Good job! Waiting for window-capturing function.

• awesome. haven't tried it yet, but this was actually on my wishlist. I wanted the animator I'm working to actually be able to save images of each frame to be able to export a list of pngs, to be combined into video

• New version of plugin ready. This one adds window-capturing and auto-incrementing filename.

Please let me know what other features folks would like to see.

• New version of plugin ready. This one adds window-capturing and auto-incrementing filename.

Please let me know what other features folks would like to see.

Thank you very much.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You're my hero! Danke/Thanks/Kiitos and anyother language there is!

• While working on my game, I've found a bug. I had wip folder with the game's cap and plugin saved screenshots into the cap's folder, but when I exported the game into different folder and run the exe, it saved the screen into the cap's folder. I had to export the exe into the same folder as cap file, than it works.

And there is a suggestion for a new feature. I've wanted a player to post their score on the forum, but playing screen is bigger than forums width and they'd have to resize before posting. I think set width and height actions would be good.

• Dankie/Thank you/Yabonga gakulu.I wanted to include all 11 official languages south africa uses but that would be ridiculous

• Glad folks are finding this useful!

I had wip folder with the game's cap and plugin saved screenshots into the cap's folder, but when I exported the game into different folder and run the exe, it saved the screen into the cap's folder. I had to export the exe into the same folder as cap file, than it works.

Thanks for the bug report. I'm not sure a good solution to this problem. It seems to work just fine for the executable you made, but you are correct that it does weird things between where the exe is saved and where the WIP folder is on the developer's machine.

If I set the current working directory to the directory of the current running executable then when you are using construct it will save to either scirra/contruct or a temp folder. But it would solve the problem I think. Another option is to specify the save path...but we don't know where folks will put their executable when they get it.

Does anybody have an idea on a good solution to this?

In the meantime, I'll take a look at making configurable sizes to save them to (or at the least a small, medium, large).

• Well, how does the AppPath thing in Construct work? I would take a look at that and try to... er, copy it .

Anyway as long as you can change the path at runtime then that would be fine. Then developers can create their own "where do you want to save your screenshots" option in their games themselves.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)