Screenshot Plugin: v0.2a Update

Post and try out addons that are currently in development.

Post » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:43 pm

You're my hero! Danke/Thanks/Kiitos and anyother language there is!
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 1:41 pm

While working on my game, I've found a bug. I had wip folder with the game's cap and plugin saved screenshots into the cap's folder, but when I exported the game into different folder and run the exe, it saved the screen into the cap's folder. I had to export the exe into the same folder as cap file, than it works.
And there is a suggestion for a new feature. I've wanted a player to post their score on the forum, but playing screen is bigger than forums width and they'd have to resize before posting. I think set width and height actions would be good.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 5:47 pm

Dankie/Thank you/Yabonga gakulu.I wanted to include all 11 official languages south africa uses but that would be ridiculous :lol: Nice plugin. :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 7:56 pm

Glad folks are finding this useful!

[quote="Noga":2bdmj2p5] I had wip folder with the game's cap and plugin saved screenshots into the cap's folder, but when I exported the game into different folder and run the exe, it saved the screen into the cap's folder. I had to export the exe into the same folder as cap file, than it works.[/quote:2bdmj2p5]
Thanks for the bug report. I'm not sure a good solution to this problem. It seems to work just fine for the executable you made, but you are correct that it does weird things between where the exe is saved and where the WIP folder is on the developer's machine.

If I set the current working directory to the directory of the current running executable then when you are using construct it will save to either scirra/contruct or a temp folder. But it would solve the problem I think. Another option is to specify the save path...but we don't know where folks will put their executable when they get it.

Does anybody have an idea on a good solution to this?

In the meantime, I'll take a look at making configurable sizes to save them to (or at the least a small, medium, large).
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 8:28 pm

Well, how does the AppPath thing in Construct work? I would take a look at that and try to... er, copy it :P.

Anyway as long as you can change the path at runtime then that would be fine. Then developers can create their own "where do you want to save your screenshots" option in their games themselves.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 10:49 pm

[quote="deadeye":3grune1t]Well, how does the AppPath thing in Construct work? I would take a look at that and try to... er, copy it .[/quote:3grune1t]
I already know how to get the AppPath (Call GetModuleFileName to obtain full path to currently running .exe and then strip off the file name with a strchr()). That way I could always save the file in the same directory as the executable.

What confuses me is when I run Noga's game on my computer it works correctly (saves the screenshot in the same directory as the .exe). But when I build a .exe myself it saves the screenshot to a working directory). That part doesn't make any sense...but I'll implement what I believe will fix it. :-)

I should add option to pick save location as well.

Edit: Ok, fixed the bug...I think. :-) I have the picking size of the BMP on my TODO-list.
New version: http://www.box.net/shared/i28fdpvfj0
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:46 am

thanks for the plugin
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:49 pm

Were Does This Plugin Save THE IMAGE!!
Bec you can't set a path to save the image!

HELP
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:07 am

Hi,

It saves the image to the same path as the executable. If you export the .exe it saves it to the same directory.

If you are just previewing it saves it to the preview directory (you have to enable viewing hidden files and folders as appdata is hidden by default)...something like:

Users\scidave\appdata\local or roaming\scirra\...

I do plan to add function to set save path..just too busy.

B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:27 pm

Would be incredibly handy if you could set the path to save from runtime. Don't understand why it would be too hard.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work-in-progress addons