Screenshot using Construct

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:25 pm

YEAH! It's working! Your script is creating screenshot from CommandLine and pygtk_screenshot.cap is working corectly from Construct!!! I don't know how to thank you!!!

T H A N K Y O U very much!!! :D !
B
G

Post » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Awesome!! Way to go. You've helped me out as well identify how I can make the instructions better.

Nice work! :D
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:19 pm

Nice to hear it :). I have the last question... What a python libraries should I select when I'm creating *.exe file from Construct? My exe application doesn't work correctly when I'm trying to launch it on a other machine without python26. I think, I have all nessesary files in my app directory (copied from "build" folder and from ur simple screenshot example directory), but I see this same error message.

[quote:3rzolbb6]Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 9, in <module>
File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\gtk-2.0\gtk\__init__.py", line 30, in <module>
import gobject as _gobject
File"C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\gtk-2.0\gobject\__init__.py", line 26, in <module>
from glib import spawn _async, idle _add, timeout _add, timeout _add_seconds, \
File"C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\gtk-2.0\glib\__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
grom glib._glib import *
ImportError: DLL load failed[/quote:3rzolbb6]

Your application is working very good, mine's not :(. Maybe I'm copying wrong dll files to my app directory?

Sorry for my strange questions and bad level of english language, and thank you for all :).
B
G

Post » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:46 pm

Unfortunately, this is a somewhat tedious step.. but hopefully the next update to Construct will make this easier. Make sure you select the .pyc libraries when you are creating the executable.

You must select all of the .pyc libraries (except the encodings directory entries.. don't check those) when you get to the portion in the export wizard on python settings.

This should be in page 4 of the quickguide on creating the .exe. You probably have around 25 .pyc files that you need to check.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic