[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1582: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given
Scripting Help - Scirra Forums

Scripting Help

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:12 am

It may be just me but I can't see any way to get at a file there.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:37 am

Do you mind uploading a plain text file, i don't have Firefox installed atm. I wanna check how the beat map is set up. Opening with notepad doesn't work.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:09 pm

Forget about my horribly misguided plan to use OSU text files, it wasn't very well thought out at all.

Now, I'm trying to find out whether or not Construct/Python can simply use data from sounds, and because I don't know much of the complicated terminology for this, I'll describe it in a more literary to visual manner:
Think of a stereotypical, multi-bar/line visualization on the LCD screen of a large, modern day "boombox".
I want to know if I can use the same data that that visualization is based on and have it trigger functions (I.E. Danmaku bullet spawning, enemy movements) with Construct. Like, whenever a specified bar reaches such and such a height, it will spawn a bullet going in a certain direction.
B
G

Post » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:31 pm

You'd have to code your own algorithm in C++ and use it as a plugin, or else write a very complicated Python script.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:28 am

xaudio2 has the get peak level expression, but it's twitchy and unsuitable for anything more than a visualization. You can play around with the RMS and peak level expressions to get raw sound data and try to program something out of that. My Shmup 'Bit Fortress' in the your creations forum viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3897 was planning on using this method. It requires alot of patience and tweaking to get right however, and the sounds you use have to be tweaked like crazy, sometimes returning unpredictable results. As rich said, the best would be a custom c++ algorithm/plugin. The Xaudio 2 expressions can only do so much. You're better off using those OSU text files for complex functions, because those expressions are only a single bar.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:54 am

Wouldn't it be better to use several sounds, then use a timeline to play them?
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:10 am

In the console log just before the exception that says that the file cannot be found is a log message that says what the file path is. The place where your startup script is placed must match that path.

If the component thinks the script should be in a directory like ...scripts/2/startup.js then you are using the latest version of the component and the path to the script uses the cell name as part of the path, in this case the cell name is '2'. You can edit the cell name and change it to 'default' and the script will be found.
B
S

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion