Scroll Jitters

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:16 pm

It has a lot to do with the browser. I get next to no stuttering in Chrome, but Firefox it is really evident.

Try exporting your game to a node-webkit.

It has nothing to do with C2 or HTML5 either. You will get the same stuttering with flash games in the same browser.

Go into your graphics card settings and set tripple buffering , and V-sync to on for your browser and see if it helps you.

People who watch NetFlix, and Hulu know all too well about panning images in web browsers.

TL;DR; Web browsers are not a very good platform to make scrolling, or panning animations.

Post » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:05 pm

[QUOTE=xavy027] Try to place this event Every Tick below the player control, or on the very last row?

My guess is if the Every Tick event is on top, the player will move afterwards, leaving the scroll one tick behind.[/QUOTE]

Ah, sounds exactly like what is happening.

I doubt it'd be a major issue, but I assume it's a valid issue for some minor things like this. Is there any sort of guideline on how to organize things, or should I just make it so every group that has an every-tick function to have the every-tick last?

EDIT:Put it below in the group and still having occasional jittering.

Editx2: Tried messing with it and using dt to see if I could use it to prevent it, but somehow made it so it would stutter and then still stutter when I stopped moving.

Went to another tab, came back and it wasn't stuttering anymore. Since I couldn't get it to stutter on the live versions, going back to assume it's a non-issue for now as it mostly only affects Preview. Leaving the every tick on the bottom of the player group just because it can't hurt.Thndr2013-02-25 21:44:38

Return to How do I....?