Scroll the score text

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • Hello ,,

im making a platform game and so far so good , the hero of the game scroll the map when he moves .. the problem is that the score in the top of the screen doesn't follow the scroll..

My question is how can i make a scroll text (for the score) i used (system scroll to object -> the player ) but still don't work

HELLP :p

• If i understand well your score "seems" not move so going down when moving up and so on ...

If the score must stay in then top left corner of the screen you could use a special behaviour for this score text object call "anchor". Using this feature the text can "stick" to the top left corner of the window. You must also look and perhaps change the new object properties after adding this anchor behaviour to give more details how you want to anchor this score object in your game.

If you have a player sprite always centered on your screen you could also use a "pin" behavior to keep always the same X/Y distance between this sprite and your text. If you don't have a player object centered on the screen just create a invisible object for doing the same job !

In my Compan360 arcade project (see below) the top-left map , comments and comments background are "PIN" to a invisible object always centered on the screen ... this invisible centered object is also used to do the "scroll" job using the auto-scroll behaviour feature.

• to make the score always showing in the game you should make a new layer with parallax = 0,0 in the properties tab

• Yes zsangerous it's probably the better way to do that it's true ;-p

• Thanks !! i will try this

• When I change the paralex on my HUD layer to 0, 0 it just makes my score disappear. It works fine (except its in a fixed position) before I change the paralex. What am i doing wrong? This exact method worked on my last game

• You should put your score within the Window (dashed line), if that is not the case.

I had the same thing today. My player starts at the bottom of the layout, and when the game starts the layout will be shown from there. But my hud stayed beneath from what is visible when you play the game (the dashed line).

Hope that made sense.

• Try this demo score

• You should put your score within the Window (dashed line), if that is not the case.

I had the same thing today. My player starts at the bottom of the layout, and when the game starts the layout will be shown from there. But my hud stayed beneath from what is visible when you play the game (the dashed line).

Hope that made sense.

hi

what you mean by "dashed line" ?

i don't find it

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • IF YOUR window size is the same as your layout size you will not see it

Window size

The size, in pixels, of the viewport in to the game. It is only used if Fullscreen in browser is Off. A dashed line indicating the window size appears in the Layout View.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)