Scrolling background?

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:37 pm

Is your player close to the edge of the screen? You could start him in the middle of the layout.

Or put a check in the box next to the oft-mentioned "Unbounded Scrolling" option in your layout properties.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:40 pm

Consider yourself a lucky recipient of the "Deadeye MSPaint thick red lines treatment" ;)
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:51 pm

Only to be used in emergency situations.

Patent Pending.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:26 pm

Alright, I've got the scrolling working perfectly now. I appreciate the help deadeye, et al. I'm sure I'll have more questions soon :)

This software is bringing a smile to my face. It's interesting to see that a number of issues I had in MMF2 seem to be able to be solved much quicker and more efficiently in Construct.

I'd already built 95% of my game in MMF2 Dev, but you know what I'm going to completely scrap that and port my work over to Construct.
B
G

Post » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:36 pm

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I understand the scrolling left and right and all that. I'm currently messing around with the free version and I'm almost finished up with this game; it's a plane shooter where you move from side to side and shoot incoming ships from the top. I'm using a backdrop/backgroup of like a mountain terrian. I was wondering is there a way to make the picture itself scroll so it looks like the plane is flying forward. The way I have it now is the plane is just at a stand still but I can move left and right with the arrow keys. I'd like to keep it this way so I can move left and right, but with the background moving it could look like the plane was moving at a forward pace continuously. I hope that makes sense lmao. Please and thank you ahead of time man
B
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic